2000 from 2007 Find Utility
This utility identifies drawings that were edited in AutoCAD® 2007 and subsequently saved to AutoCAD 2000 or AutoCAD Release 14 drawing formats.
This utility is intended to be used in conjunction with the Cut and Paste hotfix. Install the cut and paste hotfix first. Once the hotfix is installed, drawings that are subsequently saved in AutoCAD 2000 and AutoCAD Release 14 formats will work as expected. However, drawings that were previously saved in these formats from AutoCAD 2007 will continue to have the problem unless they are resaved with the hotfix applied. This utility will help you locate those files so that you can resave them. If you have a large number of drawings that need to be resaved, DWG TrueConvert is a free utility that will make the job easier. Make sure you apply the hotfix to DWG TrueConvert before resaving the drawings.
- This utility reports all DWG files saved from AutoCAD 2007 in the AutoCAD 2000 and AutoCAD Release 14 file formats. This utility will not distinguish between files saved before and after installing the Cut and Paste hotfix for AutoCAD 2007.
- AutoCAD 2000, 2000i and 2002 all default to the AutoCAD 2000 file format.
(1) Only if the installation includes AutoCAD Mechanical 2007 or Autodesk Mechanical Desktop 2007.
(2) Only if the installation includes AutoCAD 2007.
Note: The 2000 from 2007 Find Utility can only be run from a Command Prompt window.
Find_2000_from_2007 [folder] [-s] [-h] [-?] [-14] [-2000] [logfile_name]
- All of the above arguments are optional except for Folder.
- If no -14 or -2000 arguments are specified, the utility will default to -2000.
- Arguments -14 and -2000 cannot be used at the same time.
To run the Find 2000 from 2007 utility from a location other than the folder where it resides, do one of the following:
All drawings found in the
g:\Zones\Project\Drawings folder are checked and a list of drawings saved in the AutoCAD 2000 file format from AutoCAD 2007 are displayed in the Command Prompt window.
Find_2000_from_2007 g:\Zones\Project\Drawings –s -14 results.txt
Checks all the drawings in the
g:\Zones\Project\Drawings folder and its subfolders. The names of all drawings saved from AutoCAD 2007 in the AutoCAD Release 14 file format are written to a logfile named results.txt.