Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight - Synergy 2014 Service Pack 2 README
Notice to Autodesk Moldflow Insight - Synergy Customers
In a continuing effort to provide high quality products, Autodesk has
released Autodesk Moldfow Insight - Synergy 2014 Service Pack 2 (SP2), which fixes or
addresses a variety of issues pertaining to Autodesk Moldflow Insight - Synergy
2014. This README file highlights what has been fixed.
Note: Service Pack 2 for Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight - Solvers can be downloaded from the Autodesk Subscription Center.
Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight - Synergy 2014 must be installed before you can apply SP2. SP2 can then be installed directly, regardless of whether Service Pack 1 (SP1) has been installed, since SP2 includes all the fixes from SP1. If you have both the 2014 FCS build and a language pack installed, select the relevant language from the Options dialog before installing SP2. If you do not select the language prior to installing SP2, the user interface will appear in English. To change the user interface language, select the relevant language from the Options dialog.
Summary of issues addressed in Service Packs 1 and 2
- Dual stack IPv6/IPv4 networks are supported for 64-bit Windows systems and also Linux 6 systems running at least version 6.1.
- When using Vault to store files, models can be imported, the analysis sequence can be changed or cancelled, and the changes will be saved, as expected.
- Vault client check-in, check-out and undo check-out are all enabled and work as intended.
- All surfaces are now included, when importing IGES files on non-English operating sustems that use a comma as the decimal separator.
- The 'Create Mold Block' function works as expected, when applied to a freshly meshed, imported CAD model on a non-English operating system that uses a comma as the decimal separator.
- The Report Wizard works as intended when generating an html format report.
- Mesh density can be set on CAD bodies, as in previous versions.
- Modulus values reported in custom modulus plots are in the expected range.
- Custom deflection plots can be created without the need for specific parameters to be entered.
- The number of animation frames can be set greater than 100 and the animation viewed. When you exit the dialog, the number of frames will revert to the default and must be set manually, each time.
- tcode reference help is available on European operating systems.
- Temperature, internal mold around a part insert (3D) in BEM-Cool now displays as expected.
- Administrator restrictions with Autodesk Simulation Moldflow 2014 on Win 7 and Win 8 systems, have been addressed to enable access to users without administrator rights.
- .stp files are read correctly into all relevant Autodesk packages.
Material Database Changes
Summary of changes to the Thermoplastics Material database since the
Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight - Synergy 2014 release:
Total number of suppliers: 462
Details of these changes are given in the Material Database Release Notes available on the Subscription Center.
Total number of grades: 9007
Grades added: 74
Grades deleted: 22
Grades amended: 6
Grades with specific pvT data: 5649
Grades with Long Fiber Length data: 114
Grades with Cystallization data: 18
Grades with Default shrinkage data: 2295
Grades with Crystallization – Residual Stress data: 16
Grades with Crystallization – Residual Strain data: 18
Grades with RSC Fiber - Residual Stress data: 831
Grades with RSC Fiber - Residual Strain data: 880
Grades with Crystallization RSC Fiber - Residual Stress data: 10
Grades with Crystallization RSC Fiber - Residual Strain data: 10
If you are using an AMD GPU card, depending upon the computer security settings, it is possible that an error similar to this many be thrown:
To prevent this error message, you will need to acquire full control of the
Command-line error: cannot open error file "C:\Windows\TEMP\OCL43EA.tmp.log": not a regular file
to which the GPUs need full access. To get full control of this directory, click on the C:\Windows\temp directory in Windows Explorer, and follow the prompt.
Alternatively, you can select the GPU option: 'DO NOT USE GPU'.