Thank you for downloading Autodesk AutoCAD® Architecture 2014 Service Pack 1
This readme contains the latest information regarding the installation and use of the Service Pack. It is strongly recommended that you read the entire document before you apply the Service Pack to your product. For reference, you should save this document to your hard drive or print a copy.
You can apply this Service Pack to the following Autodesk products running on all supported operating systems and languages. Be sure to install the correct Service Pack for your software.
|Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2014||AutoCAD_Architecture_2014_SP1_32bit.exe|
|Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2014||AutoCAD_Architecture_2014_SP1_64bit.exe|
This Service Pack can be applied to AutoCAD Architecture 2014 installed as a standalone application as well as AutoCAD Architecture 2014 installed from the following Autodesk Design Suites.
Return to Top
As a result of detailed information from customers who used the Customer Error Reporting Utility, a number of problems were identified and fixed. Updates have been made in the following commands and features:
- Closing AutoCAD Architecture while the Project Navigator is open may cause occasional crashes.
- Crash when saving an image in the object viewer while the steering wheel is enabled.
- Modifying text height appearance in schedule tables results to a crash.
- Occasional crashes related to operating blocks with the Lookup parameter.
- Crashes when trying to sign out of Autodesk 360 from inside AutoCAD if you have previously uninstalled Autodesk 360.
- Occasional crashes when clicking or dragging the command line window in Windows 8.
- Occasional crashes when opening a drawing that contains certain customized materials.
- Occasional crashes when plotting a drawing with unreconciled layers.
- Occasional crashes when switching drawings or layouts.
- Occasional crashes when editing with grips or cycling grips.
- Occasional crashes when exiting AutoCAD.
- Occasional crashes when zooming or panning in a drawing that contains a locked viewport.
Return to Top
The following defects have been fixed:
- Some objects may disappear after performing Boolean operations such as cleaning up, inserting a window, modifying a roof line, and so on.
- Elevations or sections of corner window styles may display incorrectly.
- Elevation labels may not reflect the current elevation location. As a work around, use AecElevationLabelClearCache command to fix the elevation labels with incorrect elevation location values.
- Some visual styles do not work in the object viewer.
- Generated sections may not display all lines.
- Failure to create projects on WebDAV servers.
- Cannot read specific solid modeling information after saving a drawing to 2004-based version of AutoCAD and reopening it in a 2014-based version.
- The uniform scale check box sometimes displays incorrectly as unchecked.
- Issues with copying and pasting DGN linetypes in a drawing.
- The file name is not displayed in the File tab on Turkish-language operating systems.
- The application sometimes stops responding when the file selection dropdown list is being used on Windows 8 with a smart phone device plugged in.
- Wipeout doesn't work when Lines Merge is turned on during plot.
- Lines near a Wipeout boundary don't plot.
- Some images don't plot when the visual style is set to Realistic and software acceleration is turned on.
- In some cases, DWG files containing Raster images, PDF or DWF underlays don't plot correctly when publishing to DWFx.
- A memory leak issue.
- Some point cloud scan files are not displayed correctly.
- An API issue might cause the colors set by normalization and intensity to change after cropping.
- SELECTIONPREVIEW is incorrectly set to 0 during drawing certain editing and zooming operations.
- In certain cases, external commands in an acad.pgp file are not executed correctly.
- There's a performance issue with drawings saved as AutoCAD 2010 drawings.
- Changing the position of multiple blocks via the Properties palette is not correctly applied to all selected blocks.
- In certain cases, drawing files with invalid fonts cause AutoCAD to freeze on startup.
- AutoCAD crashes when a custom entity contains embedded AcDb3dSolid.
Return to Top
Note: Autodesk 360 (AdSync) patch will automatically be installed with the AutoCAD Architecture Service Pack.
As you prepare to install this Service Pack, keep the following in mind:
Back Up Custom Files
It is recommended that you back up all custom CUIX, MNR, and MNL files before you apply this Service Pack.
During installation, you will be prompted for the original installation media or a network image. To apply this Service Pack, you must have administrative privileges to install and uninstall products.
Administrators can deploy this Service Pack over a network using the Deployment Wizard.
About Your Product
After you install the Service Pack, updated product information displays in the About dialog box.
After you install this Service Pack, it is recommended to reboot your system even if not prompted.
The following Microsoft Windows command line switches are built into this Service Pack:
Instructions about how to use the /e command line switch are included in the installation procedures that follow.
Follow these instructions to install this Service Pack on a single computer.
Follow these instructions to install this Service Pack on multiple computers using your local network.
Note: Installation through your local network using the CAD Manager Control Utility is not supported for this Service Pack.
The following distribution method applies only to administrative images created with the Deployment wizard. After you complete these procedures, subsequent deployments of your product will include this Service Pack.
In all cases, append this Service Pack to the deployment. The only time it is appropriate to merge the Service Pack is if you intend to distribute the deployment through a group policy object.
The patch (Service Pack) file that you download contains an MSP (Microsoft Patch) file, which you extract from the executable file using the /e (extract) switch.
<local_drive:>\<patch_name> /e <local_drive:>\< patch_name>.msp
Note: When the AutoCAD Architecture Service Pack is included in a deployment, the deployment will install the Service Pack without the update files for Autodesk 360.
Note: The extraction of MSP from the service pack executable requires VC++ runtime redistributable 2010. Please make sure it is installed before extracting the MSP file.
Windows 7 / Windows 8
We want to express our appreciation to all our customers who identified these issues and reported them to us. Their reports gave us the opportunity to improve the product for everyone's benefit. We also thank you for your continued business, and for your feedback regarding this release.
The Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture Product Team
Copyright ©2013 Autodesk, Inc.