Thank you for downloading AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2013 Hotfix 2
This readme contains the latest information regarding the installation and use of this hotfix. It is strongly recommended that you read this entire document before you apply this hotfix to your product. AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Hotfix 2 contains the fixes included in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Hotfix 1. Hotfix 2 can be installed on AutoCAD Civil 2013 or AutoCAD Civil 3D Hotfix 1. For reference, you should save this document to your hard drive or print a copy.
You can apply this hotfix to the following Autodesk products running on all supported operating systems and languages. Be sure to install the correct version of the hotfix for your software.
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 x86
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 x64
You can use this hotfix with the following operating systems below.
Service Pack 2 (SP2) and Service Pack 3 (SP3) of the following:
· Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
· Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition
· Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Service Pack 2 (SP2) of the following:
· Microsoft® Windows Vista® Enterprise
· Microsoft Windows Vista Business
· Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate
· Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
· Microsoft Windows Vista Business 64-bit
· Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit
· Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
· Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
Service Pack 1 (SP1) of the following:
· Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise
· Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
· Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
· Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
· Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
· Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
· Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
· Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
When you apply this hotfix while running AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013, it is recommended that you do not click the "Automatically close applications and attempt to restart them after setup is complete" option. Instead, close AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 manually, and press "Ignore" at the prompt. It is also recommended that you reboot your system after installing the hotfix.
As a result of detailed information from customers who used the Customer Error Reporting Utility, a number of problems were identified and fixed. Updates have been made in the following commands and features:
· Creating feature lines from objects when the objects are overlapping closed polylines no longer causes the application to close unexpectedly.
· An issue that caused fatal errors when closing the application has been resolved.
· The stability of the Audit command has been improved.
· A severe stability issue when working in paperspace has been resolved. The issue occurred when panning and zooming and then attempting to perform an AutoCAD edit, such as erasing an object.
· An issue that caused the application to close unexpectedly on startup has been resolved. The issue was related to migrated settings from a previous release.
· An error causing the application to close unexpectedly while using the Grade to Surface command has been resolved.
· An error causing the application to close unexpectedly while moving a PVI has been resolved.
· Stability when opening some drawings when Level of Detail is turned on has been improved.
Included fixes from Hotfix 1
· An issue with the Survey Figures Property dialog box has been resolved. In the lower section of the panel you can now see the vertex properties for chain type figures.
· An issue when opening an AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 drawing in Navisworks Manage 2013 with the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Object Enabler installed has been resolved. After applying the hotfix, importing a drawing using Navisworks Manage 2013 no longer results in the application becoming unresponsive or closing unexpectedly.
As you prepare to install this hotfix, keep the following in mind:
Back Up Custom Files
It is recommended that you back up all custom CUI, MNR, and MNL files before you apply this hotfix.
During installation, you will be prompted for the original installation media or a network image. In order to apply this hotfix, you must have administrative privileges to install and uninstall products.
After you install, it is recommended to reboot your system even if not prompted.
Follow these instructions to install this hotfix.
1. Download the hotfix and save it to any folder.
2. If required, insert the product media (for example, the AutoCAD Civil 3D installation disc).
3. Find the folder where you saved the hotfix and double-click the executable (EXE) file.
Important: You cannot run an automatic uninstall to remove this hotfix. To restore your version of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 to its original state, uninstall AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 and reinstall it.
Copyright ©2012 Autodesk, Inc.