Thank you for downloading AutoCAD® Map 3D 2013 SP1 Hotfix 1
This readme contains the latest information regarding the installation and use of this Hotfix 1. It is strongly recommended that you read the entire document before you apply the Hotfix to your product. For reference, you should save this document to your hard drive or print a copy.
Warning: The AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 Service Pack 1 is required to be installed first before installing this hotfix.
You can apply this Hotfix to AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 running on all supported operating systems and languages. Be sure to install the correct Hotfix for your 32-bit product or 64-bit product.
This Hotfix can also be applied to AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 installed from the following Autodesk Design Suites.
· Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite 2013
When you apply this Hotfix while running AutoCAD Map 3D, it is recommended that you do not click the "Automatically close applications and attempt to restart them after setup is complete" option. Instead, close AutoCAD Map 3D manually, and press "Ignore" at the prompt. It is also recommended that you reboot your system after installing the Hotfix.
As a result of detailed information from customers who used the Customer Error Reporting Utility, a number of problems were identified and fixed. Updates have been made in the following commands and features:
· A fatal error can occur when opening the Properties panel after selecting features in offline mode (MAPWORKOFFLINE).
· AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 becomes unstable when deleting a feature in small dimension after loading a LSP file.
· AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 becomes unstable when a value in the registry exceeds 1024 characters.
· AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 cannot be launched once AutoCAD Map 3D 2010 has been uninstalled.
· AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 becomes unstable when moving the cursor over a polygon feature if other Autodesk products are installed in the same machine.
The following issues have been fixed:
· Some commands like MAPPOLYLINETOPOLYGON and MAPTOPOLOGYTOPOLYGONS can only be invoked once. Any further attempt to use the commands will not work.
As you prepare to install this Hotfix, keep the following in mind:
Back Up Custom Files
It is recommended that you back up all custom CUIX, MNR, and MNL files before you apply this Hotfix.
About Your Product
After you install the Hotfix, updated product information displays in the About dialog box.
After you install, it is recommended to reboot your system even if not prompted.
Launch Map3D for the First Time
Once the Hotfix is installed, do not launch AutoCAD Map 3D by double clicking a DWG file for the first time. Make sure you use the desktop shortcut to launch AutoCAD Map 3D the first time after installing the Hotfix.
The following Microsoft Windows command line switches are built into this Hotfix:
· /e – Extracts the MSP file from the Hotfix executable.
· /q – Suppresses the completion message after the Hotfix is applied. This is useful if you use a script or batch file to apply this Hotfix to multiple computers.
Instructions about how to use the /e command line switch are included in the installation procedures that follow.
Follow these instructions to install this Hotfix on a single computer.
1. Download the Hotfix and save it to any folder.
2. If required, insert the product media (for example, the AutoCAD installation disc).
3. Find the folder where you saved the Hotfix and double-click the executable (EXE) file.
Follow these instructions to install this Hotfix on multiple computers using your Local Network.
1. Download the Hotfix and save it to any shared folder on your Local Network.
2. Find the shared folder where you saved the Hotfix, and double-click the executable (EXE) file.
Note: Installation through your local network using the CAD Manager Control Utility is not supported for this Hotfix.
The AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 SP1 Hotfix 1 cannot be uninstalled. You must uninstall then reinstall AutoCAD Map 3D and SP1 to return to the previous state. Should you choose to do this you should not need to relicense your installation.
We thank all our customers who identified these issues and reported them to us. These reports give us the opportunity to improve the product and provide you with the best solution. We also thank you for your continued business and for feedback regarding the content of this update release.
Autodesk Product Team
Copyright ©2012 Autodesk, Inc.