Thank you for downloading Autodesk® AutoCAD® Map 3D® 2014 Service Pack 1
This readme contains the latest information regarding the installation and use of the Service Pack. It is strongly recommended that you read the entire document before you apply the Service Pack to your product. For reference, you should save this document to your hard drive or print a copy. This service pack also contains the updates in Autodesk® AutoCAD® Map 3D 2014 Hotfix 1.
WARNING: Before uninstalling the service pack please read the Uninstall This Service Pack section
You can apply this Service Pack to the following Autodesk® products running on all supported operating systems and languages. Be sure to install the correct Service Pack for your software.
NOTE: You can also use Autodesk Exchange to install the Live Update Maintenance Patches, which will automatically show the correct Service Pack for your product.
Autodesk® AutoCAD® Map 3D 2014
Autodesk® Infrastructure Administrator 2014
Autodesk® AutoCAD® Map 3D 2014
Autodesk® Infrastructure Administrator 2014
This Service Pack can be applied to Autodesk® AutoCAD® Map 3D 2014 installed from the following Autodesk Design Suites.
· Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite 2014
When you apply this Service Pack while running AutoCAD Map 3D, it is recommended that you do not click the "Automatically close applications and attempt to restart them after setup is complete" option. Instead, close AutoCAD Map 3D manually, and press "Ignore" at the prompt. It is also recommended that you reboot your system after installing the Service Pack.
· Nested layer group can be loaded correctly when there is an auto load layer in the parent group.
· DVIEW Twist works well when the drawing and image are in different coordinate systems
· FDO Raster bitonal image colors are displayed correctly.
· Layers can display correctly now when the view is outside of the scale range of some WMS layer.
· Resolve the Generate graphic problem introduced by hotfix for MAPIMPORT/MAPEXPORT.
· Polygon Intersection results are correct if based on inserted point calculated with COGO-Intersection.
· Reconfigure Phase works in Electric NA model.
· Importing forms in Infrastructure Administrator works.
MAP TO ACAD
· Add scale range checking to prevent from creating too dense pattern.
· Running Map query twice is slower than in 2012.
· Guest user with all rights (Select, Insert, Update, Delete) can edit geometry.
· Modified features from guest user with edit rights are automatically refreshed in the map.
· AutoCAD Map 3D may experience instability after Autodesk 360 is signed in.
· AutoCAD Map 3D may experience instability on systems that do not have BIOS serial number information.
· Problems when creating legends on surfaces that have been added through FDO Raster provider or through surface connections
As a result of detailed information from customers who used the Customer Error Reporting Utility, a number of problems were identified and fixed. Updates have been made in the following commands and features:
· Occasional crashes related to operating blocks with the Lookup parameter.
· Crashes when trying to sign out of Autodesk 360 from inside AutoCAD if you have previously uninstalled Autodesk 360.
· Occasional crashes when clicking or dragging the command line window in Windows 8.
· Occasional crashes when opening a drawing that contains certain customized materials.
· Occasional crashes when plotting a drawing with unreconciled layers.
· Occasional crashes when switching drawings or layouts.
· Occasional crashes when editing with grips or cycling grips.
· Occasional crashes when exiting AutoCAD.
· Occasional crashes when zooming or panning in a drawing that contains a locked viewport.
The following defects have been fixed:
· Cannot read specific solid modeling information after saving a drawing to 2004-based version of AutoCAD and reopening it in a 2014-based version.
· The uniform scale check box sometimes displays incorrectly as unchecked.
· Issues with copying and pasting DGN linetypes in a drawing.
· The file name is not displayed in the File tab on Turkish-language operating systems.
· The application sometimes stops responding when the file selection dropdown list is being used on Windows 8 with a smart phone device plugged in.
· Wipeout doesn't work when Lines Merge is turned on during plot.
· Lines near a Wipeout boundary don't plot.
· Some images don't plot when the visual style is set to Realistic and software acceleration is turned on.
· In some cases, DWG files containing Raster images, PDF or DWF underlays don't plot correctly when publishing to DWFx.
· A memory leak issue.
· Some point cloud scan files are not displayed correctly.
· An API issue might cause the colors set by normalization and intensity to change after cropping.
· SELECTIONPREVIEW is incorrectly set to 0 during drawing certain editing and zooming operations.
· In certain cases, external commands in an acad.pgp file are not executed correctly.
· There's a performance issue with drawings saved as AutoCAD 2010 drawings.
· Changing the position of multiple blocks via the Properties palette is not correctly applied to all selected blocks.
· In certain cases, drawing files with invalid fonts cause AutoCAD to freeze on startup.
· AutoCAD crashes when a custom entity contains embedded AcDb3dSolid.
Note: You cannot install AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD MEP and AutoCAD Mechanical side-by-side when you have one of the listed products installed and have service pack applied already. You need to uninstall service pack first, then other listed products can be installed.
Note: Autodesk Sync (AdSync) patch will automatically get installed with the AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT patch.
As you prepare to install this Service Pack, keep the following in mind:
Back Up Custom Files
It is recommended that you back up all custom CUIX, MNR, and MNL files before you apply this Service Pack.
During installation, you will be prompted for the original installation media or a network image. In order to apply this Service Pack, you must have administrative privileges to install and uninstall products.
Administrators can deploy this Service Pack over a network using the Deployment Wizard.
About Your Product
After you install the Service Pack, updated product information displays in the About dialog box.
After you install, it is recommended to reboot your system even if not prompted.
The following Microsoft Windows command line switches are built into this Service Pack:
· /e – Extracts the MSP file from the Service Pack executable.
· /q – Suppresses the completion message after the Service Pack is applied. This is useful if you use a script or batch file to apply this Service Pack to multiple computers.
Instructions about how to use the /e command line switch are included in the installation procedures that follow.
Follow these instructions to install this Service Pack on a single computer.
1. Download the Service Pack and save it to any folder.
2. If required, insert the product media (for example, the AutoCAD installation disc).
3. Find the folder where you saved the Service Pack and double-click the executable (EXE) file.
Follow these instructions to install this Service Pack on multiple computers using your Local Network.
1. Download the Service Pack and save it to any shared folder on your Local Network.
2. Find the shared folder where you saved the Service Pack, and double-click the executable (EXE) file.
Note: Installation through your local network using the CAD Manager Control Utility is not supported for this service Pack.
The following distribution method applies only to administrative images created with the Deployment Wizard. After you complete these procedures, subsequent deployments of your product will include this Service Pack.
In all cases, append this Service Pack to the deployment. The only time it is appropriate to merge the Service Pack is if you intend to distribute the deployment through a group policy object.
The patch (Service Pack) file that you download contains an MSP (Microsoft Patch) file, which you extract from the executable file using the /e (extract) switch. For an example of the syntax, see step 2, below.
1. From the Autodesk Product Support website, download the Service Pack EXE file to your local computer.
2. On the Start menu (Windows), click Run. Enter the following information and click OK.
<local_drive:>\<patch_name> /e <local_drive:>\< patch_name>.msp
3. Insert the Autodesk media and launch setup.exe.
4. Select Create Deployments. Click Next.
5. On the Begin Deployment page, in the Specify the Deployment Location box, enter the shared network location where you would like to create an administrative image, or click Browse to find a location. Users install the product from this location.
6. In the Specify a Deployment Name box, enter the name for your deployment.
7. Continue through the Deployment wizard, open and configure the deployment in the product configuration page, click Add to find the Service Pack extracted in Step 2. Notice that the Service Pack has been added in the Include Service Pack(s) from local drive or local network box. Close and return to the product list.
8. Follow the instructions in the Deployment wizard to complete the Service Pack deployment.
Note: When AutoCAD or LT service pack is included in deployment, the deployment will only install the AutoCAD or LT product service pack without update files for Autodesk Sync.
To uninstall the Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2014 Service Pack 1, use the Add/Remove utility for Windows XP, or the Uninstall a program for Windows 7 or Windows 8. Expand your window to see the updates and then select the service pack to remove it.
Under certain circumstances, uninstalling the service pack may cause licensing errors for the applications on start-up. The problem is caused by out-of-sync files adlmint.dll and adlm_libFNP.dll in the installation root folder.
Should this occur, follow the instruction http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22241522&linkID=9240617 to rectify the problem. If the solution does not work on your machine for some reason, please reinstall the service pack to make the product workable.
We thank all our customers who identified these issues and reported them to us. These reports give us the opportunity to improve the product and provide you with the best solution. We also thank you for your continued business and for feedback regarding the content of this update release.
Autodesk Product Team
Copyright ©2013 Autodesk, Inc.