Readme for the Autodesk Civil 3D 2006 Hot Fix
Autodesk Civil 3D 2006 Hot Fix 2
In a continuing effort to provide high quality products, Autodesk has
released the Autodesk Civil 3D 2006 Hot Fix 2.
This Readme contains information regarding the installation and use of this
Hot Fix. It is strongly recommended that you read this entire document before
you apply the Hot Fix to your product. For your reference, you should save this
Readme to your hard drive or print a copy.
This Readme includes the following topics:
Who Should Install This Hot Fix?
This Hot Fix is for all versions of Autodesk Civil 3D 2006 Service Pack 2
running on English-language and non-English-language operating systems. Autodesk
Civil 3D 2006 Service Pack 2 must be installed before you can install this Hot
Important: You cannot run an automatic uninstall to remove this Hot
Fix. It is recommended that you make a back up of the affected files as
described in the installation instructions so they can be restored if
This Hot Fix fixes the following issues:
The Model 3D Solid display representations of structures
are now created correctly on the layer specified in Network Properties.
Previously, structures were created on the layer that was current at the time
the part was created and the structure layer could not be reset. This was
causing a problem with the structures disappearing if the layer was frozen.
Structures in existing drawings will automatically be set to the correct layer
when the drawing loads.
- Structure blocks are drawn in profile view at their correct
widths. Previously, the structure width shown in profile view was affected by
how the structure block was positioned relative to the alignment in plan view.
For example, in plan view, if the structure was rotated relative to the
alignment, the rotated width was used in the profile view.
Note: If you want pipe parts to be masked in profile view (so
pipes are not drawn behind the structure), the suggested procedure is to use
blocks in profiles and enable part masking.
- Changing the end crown elevation on a pipe correctly changes
the ending elevation instead of the starting elevation.
- An issue has been resolved regarding grading to a surface
which is a reference (shortcut). If the grading contained transitions, and the
project was renamed so the reference could not be found, the drawing could get
into a state where it could not be reopened.
- Manually added labels on alignments which are referenced
(shortcuts) are now preserved between drawing sessions.
Installing Hot Fix 2
Note: Autodesk Civil 3D 2006 Service Pack 2 must be installed prior to
installing this Hot Fix.
- Close any open sessions of Autodesk Civil 3D.
- Create a back up of the following files:
- AeccLand30.dbx: located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk
- AeccNetwork30.dbx: located in C:\Program Files\Common
- AeccUINetwork30.arx: located in C:\Program Files\<Autodesk Civil
- Download C3D2006_HF2.exe and save it to any folder.
- Double-click C3D2006_HF2.exe to install it.
Copyright (c) 2005 Autodesk, Inc.