Fatal Error During Save Hotfix
This update will correct a fatal error that occurs randomly when saving a drawing.
Description of Problem
A fatal error occurs during an auto save or an explicit save of a drawing. The problem occurs randomly, most often when using Autodesk® Civil 3D® 2007, Autodesk® Land Desktop 2007, and Autodesk® Architectural Desktop 2007. It is known to occur when using other products on the list below as well, but less frequently.
- AutoCAD® 2007
- AutoCAD® Electrical 2007
- AutoCAD LT® 2007
- AutoCAD® Mechanical 2007
- Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007
- Autodesk® Building Systems 2007
- Autodesk Civil 3D 2007
- Autodesk Inventor® Professional 11 (1)
- Autodesk Inventor® Series 11 (1)
- Autodesk Land Desktop 2007
- Autodesk Map® 3D 2007
- Autodesk® AutoCAD® Revit® Series Building 9.x (2)
- Autodesk® AutoCAD® Revit® Series Structure 3.x (2)
(1) Apply this patch only if the installation includes AutoCAD Mechanical 2007 or Autodesk Mechanical Desktop 2007.
(2) Apply this patch only if the installation includes AutoCAD 2007.
To install the Fatal Error During Save Hotfix
Note: You must have administrative privileges on your Microsoft® Windows® operating system to complete the installation process.
- Close the affected application(s).
- Find the acdb17.dll file in your product install folder; for example, c:\program files\AutoCAD 2007.
- Check the version of acdb17.dll.
- Right-click acdb17.dll ; click Properties > Version tab. Note the file version.
- If the version is greater than or equal to 220.127.116.11, you already have this hotfix. Do not attempt to apply the version of the .dll associated with this hotfix or you could potentially overwrite other hotfixes.
- If the version of the .dll is less than 18.104.22.168 then proceed with the installation of this hotfix.
- Rename the following file:
- Right-click acdb17.dll and rename it as acdb17.bak.
- Download the acdb17.dll to your product install folder.
Note: If you need to remove this hotfix, simply delete the new acdb17.dll file that you downloaded to the product install folder and restore the file you renamed in step 4 to its original name.