March 18, 2011
Autodesk Inventor Fusion Technology 2012 Service Pack 1
Release Notes - Readme file
In a continuing effort to provide high quality products, Autodesk Inventor Fusion Technology 2012 Service Pack 1 fixes or addresses a
variety of issues. This file highlights how to install this service pack and what is fixed.
- Please update your system using Windows Update before you install Autodesk Inventor Fusion Technology 2012 Service Pack 1. Reboot your system after all system updates are installed.
Windows XP: You can do this from the Windows Update utility located in the Control Panel.
Windows Vista and Windows 7: Use the Windows Update utility located in the Control Panel, and on the sidebar.
- Verify you have administrator privilege on your local machine to install Autodesk Inventor Fusion Technology 2012 Service Pack 1.
- We strongly recommend that you close all Autodesk applications before you install Autodesk Inventor Fusion Technology 2012 Service Pack 1.
Return to Top
- Edit Edge
- Closed circular and elliptical edges must be split prior to being edited. Failure to do so would result in a hang or a crash.
- Unable to edit curve points after turning off symmetry mode.
- Work plane can not always be used as a symmetry plane.
- Twin symmetry result is not always correct.
- Solid entry in browser changes to surface after getting error in edit edge.
Interoperability with Companion Products
- The visual material is not retained when copying and pasting the solid from AutoCAD to Fusion.
- While using the Inventor Fusion Add-In for AutoCAD 2012, if you "Save As..." in Inventor Fusion and then make further edits, all the changes will be lost when you "Return to AutoCAD".
- Changes to surfaces in AutoCAD 2012 will not be retained in Inventor Fusion when editing using the Inventor Fusion Add-In for AutoCAD 2012.
- The bodies in locked and unlocked layers do not get scaled uniformly in Inventor Fusion.
- The model size in Inventor 2012 changes after editing in Inventor Fusion via Inventor Edit Form command.
- Sketch Book Designer
- Sketchbook Designer can not be launched by Fusion on Vista/Win7 64bit OS when UAC is on.
- Inventor Fusion crashes when clicking "Yes" on the Vault check out dialog after editing a file without checking it out.
- Imported surfaces are not placed in surface groups.
- Fusion crashes during "Move To Group" operation.
- Unable to split surface body.
- Crash in Redo command, after Undo of Extrude when using "To" termination and "New Component" options.
- Sphere can only be moved in one direction.
- Components can be incorrectly scaled when select multiple associated components.
- The scale command terminates after scaling a component and select it again in the browser.
- When Scale value is empty in precise input, the selected entities disappear.
- Dragging sketch line occasionally performs an area selection.
- Panning and rotating during the Sketch Reorient command causes the tooltip to be removed and an inability to select.
- Sketch line moves incorrectly when changing the angle dimension.
- Area selecting in a sketch and then selecting the "Look At" command causes HUD fields flicker.
- In German versions of Inventor Fusion 2012, STEP files can not be exported.
- After exporting to STEP/IGES/SAT/PARASOLID/STL and reopening the file, components positions will occassionally change.
- Crash when opening multiple IGES files if is not write permissions to the directory.
- Model size changes after exporting to IGES format and reopening the file in Inventor Fusion.
- Inventor Fusion occasionally crashes when opening Solidworks and Rhino files.
- Sketch entities are difficult to see in "Dark Sky" environment.
- When opening multiple files, the Close/ Maximize/ Minimize/ Move buttons are blocked by the Ribbon.
- Unable to paste value to precise input textbox(HUD) using CTRL+C.
- Unable to measure angle between face and work plane, or two work planes.
- The selection of the holes will be removed when unchecking and then checking any parameters on Simplify dialog.
- Text is truncated in localized 'Simplify' dialog.
- Solid entry in browser is missing after split body, undo and redo.
Return to Top
Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Vault, Autodesk Data Management Server,
Autodesk Productstream, Autodesk Autoloader, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Mechanical,
Mechanical Desktop, and AutoCAD Electrical, are trademarks or registered
trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. in the United States and/or other
Windows 2000, Windows 2003 server, Windows 2000 server, Windows XP, Windows
Vista, Windows 7, Microsoft Office XP, Microsoft Office 2000, Microsoft Office 2003,
Microsoft Office 2007, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft
Excel are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation
in the United States and/or other countries.
Portions of this software copyright 1996-2008 Acresso Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Return to Top
We thank all our customers who identified these issues and reported them to
us. These reports give us the opportunity to improve the product and provide
you with the best solution in mechanical design. We also thank you for your
continued business and for the feedback regarding the content of this update
Autodesk Inventor Fusion Product Team
Return to Top
Copyright © 2011 Autodesk, Inc.