May 30, 2011
Autodesk Inventor Fusion Technology 2012 Service Pack 2
Release Notes - Readme file
In a continuing effort to provide high quality products, Autodesk Inventor Fusion Technology 2012 Service Pack 2 fixes or addresses a
variety of issues. This file highlights how to install this service pack and what is fixed.
- Autodesk Inventor Fusion Technology 2012 Service Pack 2 can be applied to either Inventor Fusion Technology 2012 or Inventor Fusion Technology 2012 Service Pack 1.
- Please update your system using Windows Update before you install Autodesk Inventor Fusion Technology 2012 Service Pack 2. Reboot your system after all system updates are installed.
Windows XP: You can do this from the Windows Update utility located in the Control Panel.
Windows Vista and Windows 7: Use the Windows Update utility located in the Control Panel, and on the sidebar.
- Verify you have administrator privilege on your local machine to install Autodesk Inventor Fusion Technology 2012 Service Pack 2.
- We strongly recommend that you close all Autodesk applications before you install Autodesk Inventor Fusion Technology 2012 Service Pack 2.
Return to Top
- Edit Edge
- Closed circular and elliptical edges are occasionally split incorrectly.
- Occasionally unable to edit edge on ellipse edge.
- Under certain conditions, unable to add points on self-symmetry edges.
- Bad result when using ribbon to enter values for move edge.
- Symmetric split curves will be modified when forcing symmetry on other curves.
- Glyph and HUD position changes randomly.
- Fit points are incorrectly positioned on the symmetric edge.
- Fit points are incorrectly positioned when modifying circle edge to ellipse edge.
- Triad glyph position is incorrect if the component has been transformed.
- Assign Symmetry
- When symmetry fails, additional modifications will fail in the Symmetry command.
- Twin-symmetry does not work correctly if two edges are connected.
Interoperability with Companion Products
- Wrong material is assigned to the solid after executing the "Edit in Fusion" command and returning to Autodesk AutoCAD 2012.
- Geometric edits on Autodesk AutoCAD files containing blocks may be incorrect.
- Autodesk Simulation
- Inventor Fusion fails to start Autodesk Simulation if the document is not saved.
- In Change Manager workflow, Inventor fails to recognize Fusion saved files if it has been saved twice.
- Inventor Fusion crashes when clicking "Check In/Out" if disconnected from the Autodesk Vault Server.
- CER: Inventor Fusion crashes when dragging the fillet radius back to zero.
- Inventor Fusion crashes when selecting solid and feature node together in Move command.
- Path pattern doesn't work correctly if the start point of the path is dragged.
- Inventor Fusion crashes when double clicking on the "Measure" dialog to provide a value to the Press/Pull command.
- Under certain conditions, Inventor Fusion crashes when using the Press/Pull command with Precise Input toggled off.
- Hole size is incorrect after doing Scale operation.
- Locked Dimension size is incorrect after doing Scale operation.
- Split result is incorrect if the split plane was created by "Three Points Workplane" command.
- Surface: Loft
- Surface loft direction control does not work correctly.
- Surface: Revolve
- Unable to select same entity for both Revolve profile and axis.
- Surface: Stitch
- The tolerance in Stitch command was too small. It has been increased from 0.001 cm to 0.01 inch.
- Surface: Unstitch
- Inventor Fusion crashes when using area selection in the "Unstitch" command.
- CER: Inventor Fusion crashes when saving a file if the region and language is set to Arabic(Saudi Arabia).
- CER: Inventor Fusion crashes when opening a file which is opened by AutoCAD.
- The solid body within a transformed subcomponent is incorrectly positioned after moving the body to another component.
- Body is missing after dragging and dropping a body and then executing the "Undo" command.
- Intermittent crash when executing "Save As..." command on Autodesk AutoCAD DWG files.
- Invisible workplanes are deleted during a Copy and Paste operation.
- Unable to move spline if its start point and end point are on a single sketch line.
- CER: Inventor Fusion crashes clicking the View Cube when a precise input textbox(HUD) is displayed.
- CER: Intermittent crash when using a space mouse.
Return to Top
Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Vault, Autodesk Data Management Server,
Autodesk Productstream, Autodesk Autoloader, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Mechanical,
Mechanical Desktop, and AutoCAD Electrical, are trademarks or registered
trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. in the United States and/or other
Windows 2000, Windows 2003 server, Windows 2000 server, Windows XP, Windows
Vista, Windows 7, Microsoft Office XP, Microsoft Office 2000, Microsoft Office 2003,
Microsoft Office 2007, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft
Excel are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation
in the United States and/or other countries.
Portions of this software copyright 1996-2008 Acresso Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Return to Top
We thank all our customers who identified these issues and reported them to
us. These reports give us the opportunity to improve the product and provide
you with the best solution in mechanical design. We also thank you for your
continued business and for the feedback regarding the content of this update
Autodesk Inventor Fusion Product Team
Return to Top
Copyright © 2011 Autodesk, Inc.