AutoCAD 2012 Model Documentation Object Enabler Readme
Model documentation is a feature shipped with AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD Mechanical 2012. It enables you to create drawings from AutoCAD 3D models, Inventor 3D models, and several non-Autodesk 3D models. Please refer AutoCAD 2012 documentation for details.
The Model Documentation Object Enabler enables AutoCAD 2010, AutoCAD 2011, and products based on these versions of AutoCAD, display Model Documentation drawing views.
The Model Documentation Object Enabler requires the 2010 or 2011 releases of one of the following to be already installed on the computer.
- AutoCAD® Civil 3D
- AutoCAD® Electrical
- AutoCAD® ecscad
- AutoCAD® Map 3D
- AutoCAD® Mechanical
- AutoCAD® Architecture
- AutoCAD® MEP
- AutoCAD® P&ID
- AutoCAD® Plant 3D
- AutoCAD® Structural Detailing
Return to Top
To uninstall the Model Documentation object enabler
- On the Start menu (Windows), click Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.
- Select AutoCAD 2012 Model Documentation Object Enabler.
- In the installation wizard, click Uninstall.
If you are uninstalling the Object Enabler from a Windows XP machine, click Remove.
- Click Yes.
- Click Finish.
The following are known feature limitations in this
Issues impacting products based on AutoCAD 2010 and AutoCAD 2011
- The object enabler permits only displaying of drawing views. It does not permit editing operations (including the use of the MOVE and ROTATE commands) on drawing views.
- Some drawing views may incorrectly display model space geometry behind the view geometry.
- No notification is displayed if drawing views are out of date or if the Inventor views are unresolved. This includes drawings that were saved with out of date views, or views that become out of date after edits are made to the view's source models.
- Shaded drawing views may not plot correctly
Issues impacting only products based on AutoCAD 2010
- Shaded drawing views derived from Inventor models may appear with a black background.
- Shaded drawing views that overlap other drawing views may prevent geometry in the overlapped drawing view from displaying.
- View borders may not display.
Issues impacting Windows® XP
- Plotting shaded drawing views on Windows XP (32 bit), may cause the system to run out of memory.
Copyright © 2011 Autodesk, Inc.