August 13, 2013
Release Notes - Readme File
file contains useful information about Autodesk® Sim 360™ Pro and Autodesk® Sim
360™ Moldflow® installation and components.
encourage you to install all of the components in the installer.
- If you cannot select some products to install, hover
the cursor over the red "prohibited" circle in front of the
product to get more information.
- Please ensure your operating system is up to date to
satisfy the minimum system requirements described below.
Sim 360™ Pro and Autodesk® Sim 360™ Moldflow® use a login-based system for
licensing. This convenient approach simplifies your licensing process.
- To use Autodesk® Sim 360™ Pro or Autodesk® Sim 360™
Moldflow®, you will need an Autodesk ID.
- If you do not have an ID, you will be able to request
one after installing the software.
This service pack supports product usage when not connected
to the Internet.
must have a valid login, and must login periodically (at least every 14
days) to "refresh" your off-line access.
- Users that have the Local Solve option will be able to
perform model setup and results visualization tasks as well as run
simulations while off-line. All other users will be able to perform model
setup and results visualization tasks.
- Continuous offline usage is available for 14 days after
the last time the product was used while connected to the Internet. For
example, a user runs a job while connected at 2:00 PM, on October 1. That
user can disconnect and can use the Simulation product offline until 2:00 PM,
on October 15.
- Each product has a separate cache for offline usage.
For example, if a user opens Simulation CFD 360 while online, but not
Simulation Mechanical 360, then that user can only open Simulation CFD 360
- Disabling the physical network device on Windows XP
systems prevents offline usage.
- For Simulation CFD 360, disabling the physical Ethernet
or Wireless device while solving locally causes the solve to fail. This is
a known limitation.
On some computers, the first time you start a simulation, an
error is issued about not being able to connect to a solver computer. This is
because the Windows Firewall is blocking communication with the Simulation Job
Manager. To resolve this, create a Firewall exception for the Simulation Job
the Windows® Control Panel, click Windows Firewall.
- Select Allow a program or feature through Windows
Firewall (from side banner).
- Scroll to Autodesk Simulation Job Manager and
check the Domain, Home/Work, and Public boxes.
File names of files run in Autodesk 360 should not exceed
about Autodesk® Simulation Moldflow® Insight 360
The Quick Uninstall Tool may fail to uninstall the language
packs for Autodesk® Simulation Moldflow® 360. To remove the language packs from
your computer, select "Uninstall a program" from the Windows® Control
addressed in Service Pack 1
stack IPv6/IPv4 networks are supported for 64-bit Windows systems and also
Linux 6 systems running at least version 6.1.
- When using Vault to store files, models can be
imported, the analysis sequence can be changed or cancelled, and the
changes will be saved, as expected.
- Vault client check-in, check-out and undo check-out are
all enabled and work as intended.
- All surfaces are now included, when importing IGES
files on non-English operating sustems that use a comma as the decimal
- The 'Create Mold Block' function works as expected,
when applied to a freshly meshed, imported CAD model on a non-English
operating system that uses a comma as the decimal separator.
- The Report Wizard works as intended when generating an
html format report.
- Mesh density can be set on CAD bodies, as in previous
- Modulus values reported in custom modulus plots are in
the expected range.
- Custom deflection plots can be created without the need
for specific parameters to be entered.
- The number of animation frames can be set greater than
100 and the animation viewed. When you exit the dialog, the number of
frames will revert to the default and must be set manually, each time.
- tcode reference help is available on European operating
- Temperature, internal mold around a part insert (3D) in
BEM-Cool now displays as expected.
- Administrator restrictions with Autodesk Simulation
Moldflow 2014 on Win 7 and Win 8 systems, have been addressed to enable
access to users without administrator rights.
- .stp files are read correctly into all relevant
- The Cool (FEM) solver has been enhanced so that it can
manage circuits with a large number of elements. This enhancement improves
the behavior of Rapid Heating and Cooling analyses for large models.
- Localization issue: Missing "Display on Deformed
Mesh" option for displaying some results plot for 3D compression or
3D injection compression analysis (All Non English Systems). These results
display as intended on all systems.
- Incorrect results with BEM cooling when study has Part
Inserts and Mold Inserts, with 3D mesh has been resolved.
- An errant message issued by the solver during conformal
cooling has been resolved.
- Mesh information is now being displayed as expected in
the Study task window.
- ARD-RSC model is now selected for long fiber grades
(for shrinkage recorrelation only.
- Compression molding (3D) and injection-compression
molding (3D) with inserts is now possible.
- Warp dd is crashing. This issue was restricted to parts
with inserts and has been resolved.
- Job manager status showed more than 150% on Win7-32
bits. This issue was related to injection-compression and has been
Summary of changes to the Thermoplastics Material database
since the Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight - Synergy 2014 release:
Total number of suppliers: 462
Total number of grades: 9007
- Grades deleted: 22
- Grades amended: 6
with specific pvT data: 5649
- Grades with Long Fiber Length data: 114
- Grades with Cystallization data: 18
- Grades with Default shrinkage data: 2295
- Grades with Crystallization - Residual Stress data: 16
- Grades with Crystallization - Residual Strain data: 18
- Grades with RSC Fiber - Residual Stress data: 831
- Grades with RSC Fiber - Residual Strain data: 880
- Grades with Crystallization RSC Fiber - Residual Stress
- Grades with Crystallization RSC Fiber - Residual Strain
Please consult the Material Database Release Notes available
on the Subscription Center for additional details about these changes.
about Autodesk® Simulation CFD 360
open a design study or a share file, you need read- and write-access to
the folder in which the file currently resides.
- Autodesk® Simulation CFD 360 supports launching from
the following CAD systems:
- Autodesk Inventor
- Autodesk Inventor Fusion
- Autodesk Revit (MEP and Arch)
- Pro/Engineer (Granite only)
- Solid Works
To use models from other CAD formats, open the file into
Simulation CFD 360.
Simulation CFD 360 Service Pack 1 is available in Italian,
in addition to the other supported languages.
addressed in Service Pack 1
transient analysis with more than one inner iteration per time step causes
the solution Progress % to be inaccurate.
- In certain situations, mouse navigation (pan, zoom, and
rotate) has delays and is slow to respond.
- Models in metric units are scaled by a factor of 1000
when launched into Simulation CFD 360 2014.
- The Convergence plot is blank in the Simulation Job
Manager for a particular steady state job.
- After opening an Inventor part or assembly directly
into Simulation CFD 360, using the Add/Update Design command results in an
- The summary and status files for intermediate results
are not saved back to the local computer.
- After being prompted by Proxy Authentication and
entering credentials, show Service Unavailable dialog instead of exiting
about Autodesk® Simulation Mechanical 360
When using a non-English version, particularly German, and
the path length to the model location is long, an error may occur when the
model is uploading to or downloading from the cloud.
The solution is to modify the path to the file transfer
the Simulation Job Manger, and select Preferences.
- Click the File Transfer tab, and change the path
in the File transfer temporary folder to a short value (e.g.
To perform a stress analysis using temperatures from a
Simulation CFD analysis, a similar error may occur if the default path is too
long. You should use the procedure described above to reduce the length of the
path to the file transfer temporary folder.
Simulation Mechanical 360 Service Pack 1 is available in
Simplified Chinese, in addition to the other supported languages.
addressed in Service Pack 1
restart analyses that run on local computers do not run on a
- For temperature dependent materials (standard and
ortho), the "temperature" data is not exported or imported to
XML files correctly, causing issues during XML import.
- Setting the Surface-to-Surface Contact of Surface
Group, Simulation Mechanical 2014 crashes.
- The ‘run-time error 91’ is issued while trying to start
the Material Library Manager.
- The Material library manager does not support the
export or import of anisotropic materials as an XML file.
- When one exports "orthotropic" material
models from a material library as an XML file, the "material
model" value is missing from the XML file, which stops the user from
re-importing those XML files in to other material libraries.
- Fatigue Wizard generates the message "Run-Time
Error 6: Overflow" for Static stress models (Element type: Brick,
with midside nodes).
- MES models that are having difficulty converging may
encounter a solver error, and stop analyzing further.
- Weight and center of gravity will not work on computer
with 64GB of ram and default memory allocation of 50%.
- Material Library Manager crashed in simplified Chinese
- Shrink fit contact in LSS is not working properly.
- The ribbon does not change to a "results"
specific ribbon when a time based analysis (ex: MES) analysis is running.
- Graphical Performance degradation occurs with Isolate /
Show all surfaces when a model has "Selection groups".
- RIKS analysis Results Environment shows wrong number in
time step, and running dialog shows wrong total analysis duration.
- "Point or Rectangle" selection using the
"Vertices" command snaps onto vertices on hidden surfaces in FEA
- Broken context-sensitive help links (F1 key hook-ups).
Product ID in helpids.xml file must be corrected.
- Hydrostatic Pressure Not Considered in 2014 for shell and
brick (and maybe all) elements in MES & SSwNMM.
- Surface-to-surface contact settings dialog does not
work when using Japanese and German display languages.
- Summary file reports incorrect centrifugal loads for
MES and SSwNMM analyses.
- Simulation Mechanical 2014 Incorrectly Associates .cfz
Files During Installation.
- Summary file reports incorrect centrifugal loads for
- An issue occurred when coupling Simulation Mechanical
2014 and Moldflow Insight 2014 analyses.
- RIKS analysis - Wrong number of steps.
- A crash occurs when working on second analysis while
first is in progress - C++ Runtime Error.
- CFD interop issue: When a user changes the iteration
within Sim-Mech Analysis Parameters, the node mapping utility does not
recognize it on the 1st attempted simulation..
- Strain Energy Distribution is calculated incorrectly.
- The wrong surface temperature is rendered at the
contact interface between two parts in the attached test model.
- In report, the "probes" should be embedded in
the "analysis parameters Information" and should be displayed
just above "load curve info".
- Deleting an item (image, movie, vrml or hsf) from the
report should not delete the file from the report folder of that FEM file.
- Thin composite element normal direction coordinates are
- The modal results log file has incorrect formatting in
the mass participation section.
- Selection Groups are not recognized by the Mesh >
Refinement > Add to Selection command.
- Second order degenerated brick with lumped mass yields
different result compare to true tet or with consistent mass.
- Selection Highlight Color Does Not Work for Vertices or
- Results Contours > Settings > Isoplots > Plot
Isosurface does not work as intended.
- Thermal resistance reported incorrectly in multiple
- MES non-contact model does not run or runs incorrectly
via Remote Submission.
- MES Restart from another analysis model will not run
via Remote Submission.
- In Japanese, a 2-bit material property name in Inventor
2013 changes to "Customer Defined" when pushed to Autodesk
Simulation Mechanical 2013, and the material property values for that
2-bit named material change to 0.
- Surface (and edge) Refinement Group - when selected
from the tree, selected surface (and edge) is not shown as the selection
about Autodesk® Robot™ Structural Analysis 360
When insufficient physical memory exists to load completed
results from Autodesk® 360, Robot Structural Analysis 360 issues errors
indicating that no memory is available and that no results were downloaded.
Note however that the Simulation Job Manager lists the job status as
This issue has been observed mostly on 32 bit machines.
In this case a downloaded file can be found in the path
specified in the robowin.log file. The workaround is to perform the
the robowin.log file from
c:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural
Analysis 360 2014\Tmp.
- Locate the row with the RSJM error 0,
T_StrConv::Replace, file not deleted: failed: message. It is followed
by the path to the download file. Here is an example:
Copy the file to a machine with more physical memory,
and attempt to open the job.
- 00:57:23 - RSJM error 0, T_StrConv::Replace, file not
addressed in Service Pack 1
the help from the "Manager" and "Delete prepared
results" tools has been fixed.
- Display of castellated and other special section shapes
has been reestablished.
- Display of tables and steel design notes created by the
"Frame generator" has been fixed.
- Opening of damaged examples (RTD files) has been
- Import of SDNF files and data from the Autodesk®
Inventor software has been fixed.
- The random crash observed during bar selection has been
- API function "ReversedRelease"; for
the bar releases check has been fixed.
- Slow opening of the *.RTD file from the previous
software version has been corrected.
- Displaying incorrect name of the *.RTD file after
renaming during closing the program has been corrected.
- New equal leg angles profiles with a leg length from
200 to 300 mm have been added to the ArcelorMittal section database.
- Export to Word of the printouts containing maps has been
- Saving of the header and footer printout templates has
- Visibility of linear support along arcs has been fixed.
- Incorrect display of the "Section
properties" dialog for the French UI has been fixed.
assignment for panels defined as ACIS objects has been fixed.
- Inversion of bracket position and tapered bar slope by
the 'Local Bar Direction…' command has been
- Influence of the "Detailed correct"
command on rectangle panels (walls) has been fixed.
- Excessive duplication of bar nodal load when
translating a bar along its length has been corrected.
- Applying linear loads to edges without warnings has
- Potential deletion of nodal loads in structures with
shell elements for which no loads (not even self-weight) have been defined
has been corrected.
- Disappearing of tributary areas during the analysis has
- Forcing the division number while defining
Coon's mesh has been fixed.
- Generation of incorrect rigid links for diaphragms with
zero material density has been fixed.
- Unimportant circular references inside meshes are no
- Unusual slowdown of the model verification has been
- Fault operation of the Section Definition module for
highly complex sections has been fixed.
- Display of automatic combination load types has been
- Generation of wind loads of undefined value for EN
1991-1-3/4:2005 has been fixed.
- Fatal error observed during modification of the wind
load coefficients for NV65 02/09 has been fixed.
- Losing definition parameters of the climatic loads
while wind and snow loads generation has been fixed.
- Memory error observed on 32-bit systems while generating
wind and snow for models without attics has been fixed.
- Lack of result status change after modifications of the
analysis parameters has been fixed.
- Too long model consolidation process for structures
with claddings has been improved.
Analysis and Results
the analysis run by 'Calculation Restart…' option
has been corrected.
- Display of instability warnings when calculation errors
appear has been fixed.
- The spectrum used in Chilean seismic calculation has
- Disregarding density in modal analysis for claddings or
diaphragms without FE meshes has been fixed.
- Results for 3D models with rotated supports defined by
nodes/points (not defined by rotation angles) have been fixed.
- Taking into account importance class for the horizontal
spectrums seismic analysis according to the French Eurocode (NF EN
1998-1/NA:2007 19.juil.2011) has been fixed.
- Generation of equivalent lateral forces on the highest
floor only during a simplified seismic analysis has been corrected.
- Display of the core wall diagram for stories without
masses has been fixed.
- Inactive dialog controls for displaying reduced forces
maps on bars have been removed.
- Taking into account the shear forces while timber bars
deformation calculation, disregarding the option activation, has been
- Lack of convergence while using multithreaded solver
for nonlinear analysis has been fixed.
- Wrong procedure for the cable element results
calculation when loaded with element loads (observed as well as the wrong
results of nonlinear time history analysis) has been fixed.
- Incorrect level of structure base when set as different
than zero and incorrect S(Ta) value presented in the calculation note
during the NBCC 2010 seismic analysis using equivalent lateral force procedure
have been fixed.
- Fatal error observed during stress analysis of the
compound sections has been fixed.
Steel Connections Design
change of the anchorage bolt diameter for the column base has been fixed.
- Tube connection chord resistance verification for CHS
sections has been corrected.
- Constant diameter of the anchor bolts disregarding
dialog settings for fixed and pinned column bases according to CM66 code
has been corrected.
- Ignoring moment component originating from the shear
force while calculation of normal stress in a welded 'Beam to
Beam' connection has been fixed.
- Fatal error in the "Steel Connection
Inspector" after creating connections for selected structure bars
has been fixed.
- Incorrect section properties of double channels while
verification of "Truss Node" connection according to EC3
has been improved.
Steel Members Design
member internal bracings definition for some codes (SNiP II-23-81,
BS5950:2000, BSK99, GB50017-2003) has been fixed.
- ANSI AISC 360-05:
lack of seismic dispositions verifications for manually defined seismic
cases and combinations has been fixed.
undefined result value of the stability check has been fixed.
- BS EN 1993-1:
yield strength values which were previously taken from the general
Eurocode are now taken from the British national application.
- EN 1993-1:2005/AC:2009: k_zy coefficient zero value for not bi-symmetric
sections has been replaced by the value calculated according to Table B.2
of Annex B.
- EC3 (all brands):
elastic analysis for sections of class 2 has been fixed.
Timber Members Design
EN 1995-1:2005/NA:2010 :
the French version of the Eurocode timber design code (if version 2013 of
the software is present) has been unlocked.
R/C Members Design
observed while inserting summary table to drawings has been fixed.
- Overlapping texts on drawing exported to DXF have been
- Elements disappearing from the inspector window when
re-exporting to the RC modules have been fixed.
- Crash observed in RC beam design has been fixed.
- Beam rebar placed in the middle of span is now extended
instead of being hooked.
- Column stirrup arrangement option has been fixed
- Import of manual combinations for RC column design has
- Crash observed while trying to add a Continuous Footing
view has been locked.
- The extremely slow import of panels with defined load
combinations has been fixed.
- Memory errors occurring during required reinforcement
of slab calculation have been fixed.
The Autodesk® Simulation Job
Manager is a utility for managing communication between the desktop
and Autodesk® 360, and is included in the Autodesk® Sim 360™ Pro and Autodesk®
Sim 360™ Moldflow installations.
To start the Simulation Job Manager from the Windows® Start
menu, click All Programs > Autodesk > Autodesk
Simulation Job Manager > Simulation Job Manager.
Alternatively, click the Simulation Job Manager icon in the
The system requirements for the individual components are
the same as those for the corresponding desktop products:
Windows XP Professional, 32 bit - Service Pack 3
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional, 64 bit - Service
- Microsoft Windows 7, 32 bit and 64 bit - Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Windows 8, 64 bit
Note: Microsoft Windows Vista, 32 bit and 64 bit are not
Disk Space Required
Windows 32 bit
Total = 8.0 GB
Windows 64 bit
Total = 8.7 GB
We thank all our customers who identify issues and report
them to us. These reports give us the opportunity to improve the product and
provide you with the best solution in simulation. We also thank you for your
continued business and for the feedback regarding the content of this release.
Autodesk® Sim 360™ Pro and Autodesk® Sim 360™ Moldflow