Readme for Repairing a Network Administrative Image
for Silent Deployments of Autodesk® Survey 2006 and Autodesk® Civil Design Companion
Currently when you use a silent deployment of Autodesk Survey 2006 or Autodesk
Civil Design Companion 2006 , the applications only install for the current
user. When a second user logs on and attempts to launch the program the following
error message displays:
version of AutoCAD was not installed properly and some features may not run
correctly. You should re-install AutoCAD immediately to make sure all features
are working properly. Do you wish to continue anyway?
This update repairs the problem in the Administrative Images so that future
silent deployments of Autodesk Survey 2006 and Autodesk Civil Design Companion
2006 will install properly for all users.
This Readme contains information regarding the installation and use of this
utility. It is strongly recommended that you read this entire document before
you repair your files. For your reference, you should save this Readme to your
hard drive or print a copy.
- This update can be implemented by the Network Administrator on the server
containing the deployments, or by a user with write permissions to the AdminImage
folder of the deployment created on that server.
- Installing this repair will fix the issue for all future deployments. To repair
previously installed clients of Autodesk Survey 2006 and Autodesk Civil Design
Companion 2006, you must uninstall these applications and redeploy the installations
from the repaired Administrative Image. Redeployment of Autodesk Land Desktop
2006 is not necessary.
To update the files in your administrative image on the deployment server
- In the AdminImage folder for each product, locate Civildesign.msi and Survey.msi
and make a back up copy by renaming them Civildesign.msi.bak and Survey.msi.bak.
- Download the patchedMSI.zip file to a local drive and extract
the files Civildesign.msi and Survey.msi.
- For Civil Design Companion, copy Civildesign.msi to the Civil Design
- For Survey, copy Survey.msi to the Survey AdminImage folder
- On a workstation run the silent Survey and Civil Design Companion deployments
to install. Launch the program to confirm that they work.
- Logon to the workstation as a different user and run the application. You
should see the secondary installer run for Civil Design and Survey. There
should be no errors and the program should run as expected.
Copyright (c) 2005 Autodesk, Inc.