Asian Character Command Line Input Hotfix
This hotfix repairs a problem that causes Asian characters not to be entered in the command line window in AutoCAD® 2011 products.
Description of Problem
Asian characters are not getting entered to the command line window if Asian IME is used.
- AutoCAD 2011
- AutoCAD Architecture 2011
- AutoCAD Electrical 2011
- AutoCAD Mechanical 2011
- AutoCAD MEP 2011
NOTE: Do not install this hotfix on AutoCAD LT® 2011, AutoCAD Civil 3D® 2011 and AutoCAD Map 3D 2011 products. These products have different versions of this hotfix.
To install Asian Character Command Line Input Hotfix
NOTE: You must have administrative privileges on your Microsoft Windows operating system to complete the installation process.
- Close all software applications.
- Find the product installation folder; for example, C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2011.
- In this folder, right-click the acad.exe file and select Properties.
- Click the Version tab and confirm the file version. If the file version is 220.127.116.11, then proceed with this installation.
- In the product installation folder, right-click the acad.exe file and rename it acad.exe.old.
- Based on the version of your product, double-click asian_character_acad_hotfix_32bit.zip or asian_character_acad_hotfix_64bit.zip and extract the acad.exe file to the product installation folder, for example, C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2011.
- Right-click the new acad.exe file and select Properties. Click the Version tab and confirm that this file is version 18.104.22.168.
- To remove this hotfix, delete the new acad.exe file that you downloaded to the product installation folder and restore the file you renamed in Step 5 to the original name.