Thank you for downloading AutoCAD® 2010 and AutoCAD LT® 2010 Update 2.
This readme contains the latest information regarding the installation and use of this update. It is strongly recommended that you read this entire document before you apply this update to your product. For reference, you should save this document to your hard drive or print a copy.
You can apply this update to the following Autodesk products running on all supported operating systems and languages. Be sure to install the correct update for your software.
You do not have to install Update 1 in order to install Update 2. This update includes Update 1.
You can also use Communication Center to install the Live Update Maintenance Patches, which will automatically show the correct update for your product.
|AutoCAD LT 2010||
|AutoCAD LT 2010||
Identifying the version of AutoCAD LT you are running:
To identify which AutoCAD LT Update 2 needs to be installed on your system, in Windows Explorer, navigate to the installation folder of AutoCAD LT 2010 (for example, C:\Program Files\AutoCAD LT 2010).
On Windows XP right-click on proddata.dll, select Properties and in the resulted dialog select the Version tab:
On Windows Vista and Windows 7 right-click on proddata.dll, select Properties and in the resulted dialog select the Details tab:
Now match up the File version to the update listed below:
1 If proddata.dll is version 184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11, use AutoCADLT2010Update2.exe or AutoCADLT2010Update2x64.exe.
2 If proddata.dll is version 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124, use AutoCADLT2010Update2MLD.exe or AutoCADLT2010Update2MLDx64.exe.
3 If proddata.dll is version 126.96.36.199, use AutoCADLT2010Update2SLD.exe.
Return to Top
You can use this update with the following operating systems below.
Service Pack 2 (SP2) and Service Pack 3 (SP3) of the following:
The following and Service Pack 1 (SP1) of the following:
The following Windows 7 operating systems:
Return to Top
When you apply this update while running AutoCAD, it is recommended that you do not click the "Automatically close applications and attempt to restart them after setup is complete" option. Instead, close AutoCAD manually before you install this update.
Return to Top
With this update, if you are a subscription customer, a balloon notification periodically displays, letting you know how much time remains before your subscription expires. This notification will only display three times. You can access selected subscription benefits more quickly, without having to log on to the Subscription Center.
If you meet the online renewal program rules, you can renew your AutoCAD subscription online. If you have already renewed your subscription, or are not a subscription customer, these options are not available.
In InfoCenter, click the Subscription Center button. Under Benefits Center, click View eLearning Catalog. You will be prompted to sign-in to the Subscription Center.
You can access some subscription-only learning and technical support without logging onto the Subscription Center. This includes some eLearning lessons.
New Advantage Packs
When a new Advantage Pack becomes available, a balloon notification and menu option displays. To review and download the Advantage Pack, click the balloon notification or menu option. You must have permission to begin the download. Contract managers and software coordinators can control access to Advantage Packs from Subscription Center > Set Access from Product. Instructions for setting access permissions are provided to contract managers and software coordinators prior to Advantage Pack releases.
As a result of detailed information from customers who used the Customer Error Reporting Utility, a number of problems were identified and fixed. Updates have been made in the following commands and features:
Return to Top
The following defects have been fixed:
- If the PLINETYPE system variable is set to 0, STRETCH does not work as expected on arc segments of polylines.
- When the PLINETYPE system variable is set to 0, the closing point of a polyline with segments of different widths do not display correctly.
- If you use the JOIN command on splines, a duplicate control point is inserted.
- When you use the JOIN command on multiple polylines, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- When drawing a closed heavy weight polyline with different width for each segment, the polyline cannot be closed properly.
- When you open a drawing that contains solids, some solids display briefly and then disappear.
- If a grip on a mesh face, edge, or vertex is highlighted and you use the ViewCube, AutoCAD may become unstable.
3D Navigation Tools
- When you use the 3DORBIT command, you cannot orbit correctly. You can only orbit around a single pivot point and you cannot orbit around a specific object in a large group of objects.
- AutoCAD may become unstable while dragging the cube and releasing the cursor at the top of the canvas.
- An Action Recorder macro created in AutoCAD 2009 may fail to run in AutoCAD 2010.
- When there are xrefs in a drawing, changing annotation scales takes a long time.
- When an annotative style multiline text (mtext) is rotated or surrounded by a hatch, the boundary box does not display correctly.
- Exploding a block using "NetExplode" API modifies the "Global width" property of the polyline.
- When you turn off the display of an attribute with a visibility parameter in a dynamic block, the Enhanced Attribute Editor lists attribute prompts incorrectly.
- You cannot copy an object from an AutoCAD 2009 drawing and paste it as a block into an AutoCAD 2010 drawing.
- You cannot use the Properties palette to set the value of a action parameter to 0.
- When you delete a constraint parameter from a dynamic block, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- You cannot stretch some dynamic blocks as expected.
- When you run spellcheck on uppercase words, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- When you save a workspace, if the Enterprise CUIx file is read-only, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- Toolbar flyouts close unexpectedly.
Customer Involvement Program
- AutoCAD may fail to start up on Windows 7 workstations with Windows 2008 Server on the same subnet.
- When you use Data Extraction to extract the value of a block's multiline attribute into a table, text formatting code displays in the table.
- Constrained attribute values may not extract properly based on drawing order.
- When a DGN file is imported, some attributes are missing.
- Restores the ability to use any extension when attaching DGN files.
- DGNIMPORT command with "Ignore all external references" option may not work.
- When you open a drawing, the Invalid signature dialog box may display even if the digital signature is valid.
- You cannot create an angular dimension between two lines in different XY planes.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when stretching multiple dimensions with dimbreaks applied.
- Cyrillic characters in dimension text may cause AutoCAD to incorrectly report that the drawing is corrupt after running RECOVER.
- When the background color in AutoCAD is black, some DWF underlays do not display correctly.
- When opening some DXF Files, you may receive a DXF error.
- When you use the COPYBASE command with Dynamic Input on, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using eTransmit.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when editing height values for arc-aligned text in the Properties Palette.
- When you use the EXPORTLAYOUT command on files in which Standard styles have been renamed, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- You may not be able to bind multiple xrefs that include nested xrefs.
- With the XATTACH command, you cannot select multiple xrefs.
- Xref's with true color gradients now display properly in 2D graphics modes.
- AutoCAD may display an error message about logic color -5 when attaching an xref.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when binding an xref.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using right-click menu on an xref.
- When you try to open a drawing file from a FTP site, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- After applying Vista SP2 or on Windows 7 it is not possible to double click and open a folder that is using DFS Namespace.
- AutoCAD drawings saved in Vault may not display 2010 properties properly.
- Opening drawing files from older releases of AutoCAD may take a while to open.
- Unable to use asterisk "*" symbol on wildcard searches.
Find and Replace
- If you use Find and Replace, autonumbering is deleted.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using older version ".SHX" fonts.
- On the status bar, the model or paperspace button may be missing, even after you have repeatedly turned it on.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when more than one bubble is displayed and then closed.
- When the background color is changed in an active paperspace viewport, the cursor disappears.
- After you plot a drawing in AutoCAD, if you lock Microsoft Windows and then unlock it, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- When you turn off the current layer while grip editing a hatch boundary, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- When the UCSVP system variable is set to 0, hatched objects align with the WCS rather than the UCS.
- When you grip-edit a hatch with an elliptical boundary, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when double clicking on hatched areas in a drawing.
- When you attach some TIFF images, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- TIFF images may not display correctly.
- Rotating an image with plines may appear to offset from the image.
- AutoCAD session may hang when plotting drawings with rotated Mr SID images attached.
- Balloon notification in InfoCenter is blank when Windows 7 display Theme is set to Classic.
- The AREA command fails on some polylines.
- When temporary overrides are enabled, keyboard input using the Shift key may not display on the command line.
- Xrefs on locked layers do not display faded as expected. The LAYLOCKFADECTL system variable fails to alter them.
- When you delete a certain layer, all layers may be deleted.
- On the ribbon, the Layer drop-down does not display layers based on the current layer filter.
- Layer groups may not remain deleted after reopening the Layer Manager.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when switching layouts if the Layer Description column is frozen.
Objects on "layer 0" in an external reference do not display when the layer is turned on from the current drawing.
- When you set your system time back more than 2 days, your license is broken.
- When you use a proxy server for Internet access, the License Transfer Utility fails.
- Some of the linetypes with text do not display correctly.
- When you have Autodesk 2009 and AutoCAD 2010 installed side-by-side, LiveUpdate does not work in AutoCAD 2009.
- When you use the MEASUREGEOM command, the tooltip and command line results are different. The tooltip result is incorrect.
- When you use the DIST command in model space, the results at the tooltip and the command line are different. The tooltip result is incorrect.
- When you export certain profiles, AutoCAD may become unstable.
When you save certain profiles migrated from AutoCAD 2009, AutoCAD 2010 may become unstable.
- When you mirror mleaders that contain blocks with multiline attributes, the mirrored attributes are incorrectly justified.
- AutoCAD can be slow when updating OLE objects in Microsoft Word 2007.
- "Paste to Original Coordinates" is disabled in right-click context menu after copying objects from another open drawing.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when pasting drawing files into Microsoft Word.
- Gizmo may not display while in 3D Orbit.
- 64-bit AutoCAD may become unstable when using PRESSPULL on mesh object.
- When you plot a drawing as a PDF file, the layer order is not alphabetized as expected.
- When a drawing that contains layers with names that include special characters is exported as a PDF, it cannot be opened.
- When you attach a large PDF file to your drawing, or try to attach it and then cancel the operation, performance is slow.
- AutoCAD may hang when plotting large images to PDF.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using the Property Palette.
- When Windows XP is set to Windows Classic theme, on any Asian language version of AutoCAD 2010, if you use the PUBLISH command, AutoCAD freezes.
- On Windows Vista, in the Purge dialog box, when you attempt to use the Ctrl or Shift keys to select multiple items, the first highlighted item is de-selected.
Quick Access Toolbar
- Opening a linked drawing from a Microsoft Office product may cause the Quick Access Toolbar to no longer display.
- Calculations performed by the QUICKCALC command may be incorrect.
- When you use the RECOVER command on an AutoCAD 2000 formatted drawing file, polylines and splines in the drawing are deleted.
- Opening drawings with dense hatch appear to hang at 31%.
- Some older drawings containing 3DSOLIDS do not display.
- When you use the REFSET command, you can only add one instance of a block to the reference set. Other instances are rejected and an error message displays.
- Text styles from an attached xref display in the Ribbon text style control.
- When you switch between AutoCAD Classic and other workspaces (for example, 2D Drafting & Annotation or 3D Modeling), performance becomes slow.
- Layers with a VP Freeze for a viewport indicate the VP Freeze status even when the viewport is not active.
- When you click the File menu in the zero doc state, AutoCAD freezes.
- After you unload a partial CUI file, a tab remains on the ribbon. If you click the tab, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when switching to the Render tab of the Ribbon when .NET 4 is on the system.
- Legacy menu bar may display over the Ribbon when AutoCAD is not responding while opening large drawings.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using Clipping Boundary control in the Ribbon.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when dragging a Ribbon Panel on Windows 7 64-bit operating system.
Section & Flatten
- When you section solids through API, multiple memory leaks occur.
- SECTIONPLANETOBLOCK may not work correctly when the sectionplane is not intersecting an object.
- After using the command SECTIONPLANE AutoCAD may become unstable.
- SECTIONPLANE may not display all cutaway geometry.
- The SHAREWITHSEEK command may not work if the port used to communicate with Seek is blocked by a firewall.
- When you snap to the grid, there may be a slight offset from the grid.
- Bigfont may not be converted properly when saving a DWG to 2004 file format.
- In AutoCAD 2010 German, you cannot use ribbon controls to modify coordinates.
- May not be able to restore minimized AutoCAD with VBA loaded.
- When you use the CECOLOR system variable, the value returned by using the Getvar function is incorrect.
LISP incorrectly converts some Japanese characters to CIF.
Return to Top
As you prepare to install this update, keep the following in mind:
Back Up Custom Files
It is recommended that you back up all custom CUI, MNR, and MNL files before you apply this update.
During installation, you will be prompted for the original installation media or a network image. In order to apply this update, you must have administrative privileges to install and uninstall products.
Administrators can deploy this update over a network using the Deployment wizard.
About Your Product
After you install, product information displays in the About dialog box.
After you install, be sure to reboot your system even if not prompted.
Return to Top
The following Microsoft Windows command line switches are built into this update:
Instructions about how to use the /e command line switch are included in the installation procedures that follow.
Return to Top
Follow these instructions to install this update on a single computer.
Return to Top
You can use InfoCenter to apply this update through your local network. Detailed instructions on how to set up patching through your local network are listed in the InfoCenter tab of the CAD Manager Control Utility Help.
Note: You can install the CAD Manager Control Utility from the product installation media. Select Install Tools and Utilities and then select Autodesk CAD Manager Tools.
Return to Top
The following distribution method applies only to administrative images created with the Deployment wizard. After you complete these procedures, subsequent deployments of your product will include this update.
In all cases, append this update to the deployment. The only time it is appropriate to merge an update is if you intend to distribute the deployment through a group policy object.
The patch (update) file that you download contains an MSP (Microsoft Patch) file, which you extract from the executable file using the /e (extract) switch. For an example of the syntax, see step 2, below.
<local_drive:>\<patch_name> /e <local_drive:>\< patch_name>.msp
Return to Top
Note: This update cannot be uninstalled when the product is installed from a deployment (also called an administrative image) with a merged update.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
After uninstalling Update 1 or Update 2 for AutoCAD 2010 or AutoCAD LT 2010, you will need to repair your AutoCAD 2011 or AutoCAD LT 2011 install. You should do this right after the Update is uninstalled to avoid issues.
Return to Top
This release updates all AutoCAD 2010 and AutoCAD LT 2010 files.
Return to Top
Copyright © 2010 Autodesk, Inc.