AutoCAD 2012 Performance Slowdown Hotfix
Description of Problem
This hotfix is suitable for all AutoCAD 2012® verticals and will fix the slowdown caused by the layer control update available in the ribbon.
NOTE: Install this hotfix only on the shipping version of the product. Service Pack 1 already contains this fix and you should not install this hotfix if you already applied Service Pack 1.
To Install this hotfix:
must have administrative privileges on your Microsoft® Windows® operating system to complete the installation
This installation requires you to replace the following files:
To replace the acbol.dll and Acmgd.dll files
- On the computer where the affected product is installed, close all running software applications.
- Navigate to the installation folder and find "acbol.dll" and Acmgd.dll"
- Right click on each file and select Properties.
- For Windows XP, click on the Version tab, and for Windows Vista and Windows 7 click on the Details tab.
- Check the file version of both files is "126.96.36.199".
- If the file version of both files is "188.8.131.52", or higher, you do NOT need this hotfix.
- Rename "acbol.dll" to "acbol.dll.org".
- Rename "Acmgd.dll" to "Acmgd.dll.org"
- Copy the hotfix that matches your operating system to a location on your local drive.
- For 64 bit operating system use "AutoCAD2012_PerformanceSlowdown_HF_64bit.zip".
- For 32 bit operating system use "AutoCAD2012_PerformanceSlowdown_HF_32bit.zip".
- Extract both "acbol.dll" and "Acmgd.dll" from the zip file to the install location.
- Verify the version of "acbol.dll" and "Acmgd.dll" is updated to "184.108.40.206".
- Start AutoCAD 2012 vertical based product and verify that it is running.
NOTE: You can restore AutoCAD 2012 vertical based products to the previous state by removing "acbol.dll" and "Acmgd.dll". Then rename "acbol.dll.org" and "Acmgd.dll.org" back to "acbol.dll" and "Acmgd.dll".
Copyright ©2012 Autodesk, Inc.