2010 Update 2 Readme
In a continuing effort to provide high quality products, Autodesk has released AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 Update 2.
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 Update 2 contains the fixes included in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 Update 1, AutoCAD 2010 Update 1, and AutoCAD Map 3D Update 1.
Please read this document before you apply the update to your product. For your reference, save this Readme to your hard drive or print a copy.
This update, C3D2010SP2.exe, is for all versions of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 running on English-language and non-English-language operating systems.
Back to top
Subscription customers can now access selected subscription benefits without logging onto the Subscription Center. The following benefits are available only to subscription customers.
If you meet the online renewal program rules and your subscription expires soon, a balloon notification with the option to renew displays. This notification displays only three times. If you have already renewed your subscription, or are not a subscription customer, these options are not available.
- In InfoCenter, follow the directions in the alert message that displays.
- In InfoCenter, click the Subscription Center button. Under Benefits Center, click Click Here to Learn More About Your Subscription Benefits and follow the directions that display.
In InfoCenter, click the Subscription Center button. Under Benefits Center, click View eLearning Catalog or from the bottom of the Subscription Center menu click an eLearning lesson. You will be prompted to sign-in to the Subscription Center.
You can access some subscription-only learning and technical support without logging onto the Subscription Center. This includes eLearning lessons.
New Advantage Packs
When a new advantage pack becomes available, a balloon notification and menu option displays. To review and download the advantage pack, click the balloon notification or menu option. You must have permission to begin the download. Contract managers and software coordinators can control access to advantage packs from the Subscription Center > Set Access from Product. Instructions for setting access permissions are provided to contract managers and software coordinators prior to advantage pack releases.
Back to top
As you prepare to install this update, keep the following in mind:
Create a backup of all custom CUIx (menu customization) files before installing the update. These files are located in:
Microsoft® Windows® XP: Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2010\enu\Support folder
Microsoft Windows Vista: <username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2010\enu\Support folder
- During the installation of this update, you may be prompted for the original installation media or network image. In order to apply this update, you must have administrative privileges to install and uninstall products.
- Administrators can deploy this update over a network using the Deployment wizard.
- After you install, product information displays in the About dialog box.
- The following benign error message may be displayed when installing this update on non-English language operating systems, or when the English product is installed on a non-English locale:
Resource Manager Error: Cannot load resource only DLL: C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010\AecResMgr50enu.dll
This error message may also be displayed when running the AutoCAD Civil 3D Content Browser feature on certain non-English language operating systems. If you see this error message, simply click OK and proceed with the update installation or with using the Content Browser.
Important: You cannot run an automatic uninstall to remove this update. To restore your version of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 to its pre-update state, uninstall AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 and reinstall it.
Back to top
The Windows command line switches built into this update are as follows:
- /e - Extracts the MSP file from the update executable.
- /p - Extracts a patch list from the update executable.
- /q - Suppresses the completion message after the update has been applied. This is useful if you use a script or batch file to apply the update to multiple computers.
Instructions about how to use these command line switches are included in the procedures that follow.
Back to top
- Download C3D2010SP2.exe and save it to any folder.
- Insert your AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 media into your media drive.
- Navigate to the folder where you have saved the update.
- Double-click the executable file to begin the installation.
Back to top
Use this procedure if you want to use Communication Center to apply this update through your local network.
To apply this update through Communication Center using local patch list functionality
- On a machine that has AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 installed, install the Autodesk CAD Manager Tools. To install the Autodesk CAD Manager Tools, insert the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 product media and select Install Tools and Utilities. On the Select the Products to Install page, select Autodesk CAD Manager Tools. Click Next to review and accept the Licence Agreement, then click Install to start the installation.
NOTE: The update should not be installed on this machine.
- In a shared location, create a folder where the patches will be downloaded to (for example, \\servername\shared_folder_location\).
- Click Start > Programs > Autodesk > CAD Manager Tools > CAD Manager Control Utility.
- Select AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 from the drop-down list and click OK.
- On the InfoCenter tab, under Communication Center Panel, select Enable Live Updates. From the drop-down list, select Receive Live Updates from Local Network.
- Select Browse and browse to the previously created shared location (for example, \\servername\shared_folder_location\ ).
- Select Manage Patches. This option allows you to connect with the Autodesk servers and allows you to download any available patches for your current installation of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010.
- Under Manage Patches, the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 Service Packs are listed. Select the update that you want to apply. Under Action Type select Add To Patch Folder and select Update Patch Folder.
- Under Details you will see "downloaded to local patch folder on <time><date>".
- Click Close.
In AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010, ensure the Communication Center is configured. Once it is configured you will see that a Live Update Maintenance Patch is available.
Back to top
The following method of distributing AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 Update 2 applies only to administrative images created with the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 Network Installation wizard. After you complete this procedure, any new deployments of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 will have the update applied to them automatically.
To apply AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 Update 2 to an existing AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 administrative image
- On the workstation where you initially created the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 deployment, open the Tools folder and double-click the Create and Modify a Deployment shortcut icon.
- On the Begin Deployment page, select Create a New Deployment Using an Existing Deployment as a Template.
- Specify a new name for the deployment.
- Review and make any changes.
- On the Review - Configure - Create Deployment page, click Configure, review the settings, and make any changes.
- On the Include Service Packs page, select Include Service Pack from Autodesk.com and click Download.
- Select the option to append the service packs to the deployment.
- Complete the customisations and click Configuration Complete, and then click Create Deployment. Now any new deployments of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 will have the update applied to them automatically.
Back to top
There are no known issues in this update.
Back to top
As a result of detailed information from customers who have used the Customer Error Reporting Utility, a number of issues in the following areas were identified and fixed in this update:
- Corridor Design
- Cross Section Views
Back to top
This update includes the resolution of over 40 issues. This section of the readme documents the resolved issues that previously caused loss of data, unexpected failures of AutoCAD Civil 3D, or reflect a change in functionality. You can view the issues resolved in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 Update 1 in the Update 1 Readme.
The geolocation information is now cleared properly every time you rebuild a mesh or close a drawing.
AutoCAD Civil 3D no longer closes unexpectedly when you open object styles or object properties dialog boxes.
You can now save a drawing template that had password-protection properties removed.
Performance issues that occurred when you open legacy drawing files have been resolved.
Issues with system memory loss that occurred when performing various operations have been resolved.
AutoCAD Civil 3D no longer closes unexpectedly when you perform the Export Lists command in the Event Viewer on systems running on Windows Vista.
The computational methods for compound Bi-quadratic, Bloss, and Sinusoidal transitions have been corrected. The updated computational methods are applied to compound Bi-quadratic, Bloss, or Sinusoidal transitions when you open existing drawings.
In a floating straight with transition, the line length can be edited.
Offset alignments are now created as expected on alignments that have transition-transition-curve groups.
Alignment geometry doesn't get corrupted and alignment labels are no longer added to the straight extension lines after you add labels to an alignment.
An error in LabelStyleCollection::Add() that caused a new label style to have no properties in the Text Component Editor dialog is fixed.
Newly created LabelStyleTextComponent::StyleGeneral() objects now have a valid default AnchorPoint value.
Pipe structures now appear in the drawing after being added using the COM API, without the need to issue additional commands.
- Update 2 adds support for additional .NET APIs:
- APIs that support Alignment Labels
- APIs that support styles (see the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 .NET API Extension R1 Readme)
- The following classes, methods and properties have been added to the Civil 3D 2010 .NET API since the API-X R1 release.
Autodesk:Civil:AnchorPointType Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:AnchorInfo Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:AutoFeatureLabelGroup Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:FeatureLabel Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:ICommonLabel Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:ICommonLabelOptions Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:Label Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:LabelBase Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:LabelGroup:GetAt Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:LabelGroup:ResetAllSubCommonLabelLocations Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:LabelGroup:ResetAllSubCommonLabelProperties Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:LabelGroup:ResetAllSubCommonLabels Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:LabelGroup:StyleId Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:LabelGroup:StyleName Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:LabelGroup:SubElements Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:LabelGroup:SubElementCount Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:LabelGroupSubElementAutodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:Styles:ColumnStyle:ContentStringFormatted Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:Styles:ColumnStyle:HeaderStringFormatted Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:Styles:LabelStyleBlockComponent:StyleGeneral:AnchorLocation Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:Styles:LabelStyleDirectionArrowComponent:StyleGeneral:AnchorLocation Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:Styles:LabelStyleLineComponent:StyleGeneral:EndAnchorPoint Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:Styles:LabelStyleLineComponent:StyleGeneral:StartAnchorPoint Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:Styles:LabelStyleTextComponent:StyleGeneral:AnchorLocation Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:Styles:SegmentColumnStyle:GetContentStringFormatted Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:Styles:SegmentColumnStyle:SetContentStringFormatted Autodesk:Civil:DatabaseServices:Styles:StructureColumnComponentData:ComponentType Autodesk:Civil:DimensionAnchorOptionType Autodesk:Civil:Land:DatabaseServices:AlignmentCurveLabel Autodesk:Civil:Land:DatabaseServices:AlignmentDesignSpeedLabelGroup Autodesk:Civil:Land:DatabaseServices:AlignmentGeometryPointLabelGroup Autodesk:Civil:Land:DatabaseServices:AlignmentLabelGroup Autodesk:Civil:Land:DatabaseServices:AlignmentMinorChainageLabelGroup Autodesk:Civil:Land:DatabaseServices:AlignmentPILabel Autodesk:Civil:Land:DatabaseServices:AlignmentPILabelGroup Autodesk:Civil:Land:DatabaseServices:AlignmentTransitionLabel Autodesk:Civil:Land:DatabaseServices:AlignmentChainageEquationLabelGroup Autodesk:Civil:Land:DatabaseServices:AlignmentChainageLabelGroup Autodesk:Civil:Land:DatabaseServices:AlignmentSuperelevationLabelGroup Autodesk:Civil:Land:DatabaseServices:AlignmentStraightLabel Autodesk:Civil:Land:DatabaseServices:AlignmentVerticalGeometryPointLabelGroup Autodesk:Civil:Land:DatabaseServices:ProfileView:GraphOverrides Autodesk:Civil:Land:DatabaseServices:ChainageOffsetLabel Autodesk:Civil:Land:DatabaseServices:Styles:ProfileLabelSetStyle:AddCrestCurve Autodesk:Civil:Land:DatabaseServices:Styles:ProfileLabelSetStyle:AddSagCurve Autodesk:Civil:Land:GeometryPointLabelOption Autodesk:Civil:Land:GeometryPointSelector Autodesk:Civil:LeaderAttachmentBehaviorType Autodesk:Civil:LeaderTailVisibilityType Autodesk:Civil:LeaderVisibilityType Autodesk:Civil:MaskType Autodesk:Civil:PropertyAnchorPoint Autodesk:Civil:PropertyAnchorPoint:Value Autodesk:Civil:Roadway:Settings:SettingsCmdCreateAlignFromCorridor:SettingsCmdCriteriaBasedDesignOptions:UseCriteriaBasedDesignOption
See the API-X R1 Readme for a list of APIs added since the first release of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010.
- The AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 SP2 .NET API Reference updated with the new API-X R1 and SP2 APIs is available on the Autodesk Developer Network (ADN) web site.
- IMPORTANT NOTE:
The ProfileView.Overrides property has been renamed to ProfileView.GraphOverrides. You must recompile applications that use this property against the AeccDbMgd.dll included with Update 2 to run in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 Update 2. You do not need to recompile applications that do not use this property.
AutoCAD Civil 3D no longer closes unexpectedly when you rebuild a corridor model with chainages that lie outside the corridor feature line.
The operation of importing package files into catalog libraries no longer fails.
Cross Section Views
AutoCAD Civil 3D no longer closes unexpectedly when you delete a surface that was referenced in the section views band set properties, and then attempt to set the properties to a different surface.
You can now add a material list and specify that material list while you are creating section views. Previously, the material list did not update.
AutoCAD Civil 3D behaves as expected when the Quick Profile command is invoked from within the Level Editor vista.
Grading projection lines and daylight lines that are assigned to separate layers now freeze and are not plotted when you specify the corresponding settings in the Layer Properties Manager.
Labels in a dragged state maintain the dragged state when you reload an Xref drawing. Previously, if you reloaded the Xref drawing the labels would revert back to the original state.
AutoCAD Civil 3D no longer closes unexpectedly when you import a LandXML file (with points that do not have the XYZ data) into a survey database.
An issue involving random termination of the application when importing pipe networks using the LandXMLIn command has been resolved.
In a pipe network, swapping a structure with a structure from one of the new structure part families now works as expected.
The AutoCAD Civil 3D performance when using Vault for some operations (Login, Checkin, and Select Project to Display) has been improved.
AutoCAD Civil 3D no longer crashes when you use the Get Latest Version command in Vault Explorer on a drawing that has been deleted.
In Vault Explorer, the context menu for a survey database now has a Check Out menu item.
You can now share surface data from a drawing that is added to a project.
You no longer lose all the shared surface information when you delete one of the shared drawings from Vault.
AutoCAD Civil 3D no longer closes unexpectedly when you drag a surface in the Object Viewer.
Survey LandXML now supports the expected User Defined Property data types. Previously there was only support for a data type String.
AutoCAD Civil 3D no longer closes unexpectedly when you edit Setup Equipment Properties in the Setup Editor panorama vista.
AutoCAD Civil 3D no longer closes unexpectedly when you export a survey LandXML file with user-defined properties of non-string type.
Back to top
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 Update 2 provides the following AutoCAD 2010 Update 1 fixes in a format that is installable on AutoCAD Civil 3D.
The following defects have been fixed:
If the PLINETYPE system variable is set to 0, STRETCH does not work as expected on arc segments of polylines.
- When the PLINETYPE system variable is set to 0, the closing point of a polyline with segments of different widths does not display correctly.
- If you use the JOIN command on splines, a duplicate control point is inserted.
- When you use the JOIN command on multiple polylines, AutoCAD may crash.
When you open a drawing that contains solids, some solids display briefly and then disappear.
- If a grip on a mesh face, edge, or vertex is highlighted and you use the ViewCube, AutoCAD crashes.
3D Navigation Tools
- When you use the 3DORBIT command, you cannot orbit correctly. You can only orbit around a single pivot point and you cannot orbit around a specific object in a large group of several objects.
An Action Recorder macro created in AutoCAD 2009 may fail to run in AutoCAD 2010.
- When there are xrefs in a drawing, changing annotation scales takes a long time.
- When an
annotative style multiline text (mtext) is rotated or surrounded by a hatch, the boundary box does not display correctly.
- When you turn off the display of an attribute with a visibility parameter in a dynamic block, the Enhanced Attribute Editor lists attribute prompts incorrectly.
- You cannot copy an object from an AutoCAD 2009 drawing and paste it as a block into an AutoCAD 2010 drawing.
- You cannot use the Properties palette to set the value of an action parameter to 0.
- When you delete a constraint parameter from a dynamic block, AutoCAD may crash.
- You cannot stretch some dynamic blocks as expected.
When you run spellcheck on uppercase words, AutoCAD may crash.
- When you save a workspace, if the Enterprise CUIx file is read-only, AutoCAD crashes.
- Toolbar flyouts close unexpectedly.
- When you use Data Extraction to extract the value of a block's multiline attribute into a table, text formatting code displays in the table.
- When a DGN file is imported, some attributes are missing.
- When you open a drawing, the Invalid signature dialog box may display even if the digital signature is valid.
- You cannot create an angular dimension between two lines in different XY planes.
- When the background color in AutoCAD is black, some DWF underlays do not display correctly.
- When you use the COPYBASE command with Dynamic Input on, AutoCAD crashes.
- When you use the EXPORTLAYOUT command on files in which Standard styles have been renamed, AutoCAD crashes.
You may not be able to bind multiple xrefs that include nested xrefs.
- When you try to open a drawing file from a FTP site, AutoCAD may crash.
Find and Replace
- If you use Find and Replace, autonumbering is deleted.
- On the status bar, the model or paperspace button may be missing, even after you have repeatedly turned it on.
When the background color is changed in an active paperspace viewport, the cursor disappears.
- After you plot a drawing in AutoCAD, if you lock Microsoft Windows and then unlock it, AutoCAD may crash.
- When you turn off the current layer while grip editing a hatch boundary, AutoCAD crashes.
- When the UCSVP system variable is set to 0, hatched objects align with the WCS rather than the UCS.
- When you grip edit a hatch with an elliptical boundary, AutoCAD crashes.
When you attach some TIFF images, AutoCAD crashes.
- TIFF images may not display correctly.
- The AREA command fails on some polylines.
- When temporary overrides are enabled, keyboard input using the Shift key may not display on the command line.
- Xrefs on locked layers do not display faded as expected. The LAYLOCKFADECTL system variable fails to alter them.
- When you delete a certain layer, all layers may be deleted.
- On the ribbon, the Layer drop-down does not display layers based on the current layer filter.
- When you set your system time back more than 2 days, your license is broken.
- When you use a proxy server for internet access, the License Transfer Utility fails.
- When you have AutoCAD 2009 and AutoCAD 2010 installed side-by-side, LiveUpdate does not work in AutoCAD 2009.
- When you use the MEASUREGEOM command, the tooltip and command line results are different. The tooltip result is incorrect.
- When you use the DIST command in model space, the results at the tooltip and the command line are different. The tooltip result is incorrect.
When you export certain profiles, AutoCAD crashes.
- When you save certain profiles migrated from AutoCAD 2009, AutoCAD 2010 crashes.
When you mirror mleaders that contain blocks with multiline attributes, the mirrored attributes are incorrectly justified.
- When you plot a drawing as a PDF file, the layer order is not alphabetized as expected.
- When a drawing that contains layers with names that include special characters is exported as a PDF, it cannot be opened.
- When you attach a large PDF file to your drawing, or try to attach it and then cancel the operation, performance is slow.
When Windows XP is set to Windows Classic theme, on any Asian language version of AutoCAD 2010, if you use the PUBLISH command, AutoCAD freezes.
On Windows Vista, in the Purge dialog box, when you attempt to use the Ctrl or Shift keys to select multiple items, the first highlighted item is de-selected.
Calculations performed by the QUICKCALC command may be incorrect.
When you use the RECOVER command on an AutoCAD 2000 formatted drawing file, polylines and splines in the drawing are deleted.
- When you use the REFSET command, you can only add one instance of a block to the reference set. Other instances are rejected and an error message displays.
Text styles from an attached xref display in the Ribbon text style control.
- When you switch between AutoCAD Classic and other workspaces (for example, 2D Drafting & Annotation or 3D Modeling), performance becomes slow.
- Layers with a VP Freeze for a viewport indicate the VP Freeze status even when the viewport is not active.
- When you click the File menu in the zero doc state, AutoCAD freezes.
- After you unload a partial CUI file, a tab remains on the ribbon. If you click the tab, AutoCAD crashes.
Section & Flatten
- When you section solids through API, multiple memory leaks occur.
The SHAREWITHSEEK command may not work if the port used to communicate with Seek is blocked by a firewall.
- When you snap to the grid, there may be a slight offset from the grid.
When you use the CECOLOR system variable, the value returned by using the Getvar function is incorrect.
- In AutoCAD 2010 German, you cannot use ribbon controls to modify coordinates.
- With the XATTACH command, you cannot select multiple xrefs.
Back to top
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 Update 2 provides the following AutoCAD Map 3D 2010 Update 1 fixes in a format that is installable on AutoCAD Civil 3D.
The following defects have been fixed:
- Creating vector layers no longer causes a memory leak.
- An issue with the IRD module of ADE on a 64-bit operating system has been resolved. The program no longer closes unexpectedly if it has been running for a long time or the user has loaded a large data set that results in a higher address value.
- The <F1> Help button for the Data Condition dialog box now works as expected.
CAD on GIS
- The following issues with overlay scalability have been resolved.
- Previously, when you used overlay the program closed unexpectedly.
- Using Intersect Overlay on the Harris data set with zipcodep and plots layers no longer causes your map to disappear.
- Using overlay on the complete Harris County database no longer causes the program to fail unexpectedly.
- Overlaying PLOTS.shp with FLOOD.shp no longer results in a loss of feature data.
- Overlaying files with dense data no longer causes the program to close unexpectedly.
- Doing an intersection overlay on the Walton County .SHP file now works as expected.
- Doing an overlay analysis on an intersection now works as expected. You no longer receive a message stating that you do not have enough memory to complete the analysis.
- The X marker now displays the correct value in non-WCS.
- A feature that is joined to a source is no longer deleted when it is from a different feature class.
- Editing primary table attributes that are not part of a joined layer now works as expected.
- The Ignore Rules setting in the Split/Merge group now works as expected.
- An issue with opening the Overlay Input dialog box has been resolved. Previously, the layer and feature class settings did not display and the program closed unexpectedly.
- Clicking the vertex layer of a multipolygon no longer causes the program to close unexpectedly.
- When you use the MAPCGSETUP command, the Create Text Log checkbox is now selected as the default status.
- The number of temporary point symbols that display is now the same as the temporary symbols of the resulting point.
- Using the REGEN command while setting up a plot no longer causes the program to close unexpectedly.
FDO Display Manager
- Advanced placement now displays all map labels.
- A performance issue with turning off all 150 layers in an Electric_NA has been resolved. Previously, selecting all layers and turning them off caused the program to run slowly.
- Loading a layer file with joined layers no longer causes the program to close unexpectedly.
- Disconnecting a RDBMS data store with an empty feature class and then clicking Maximize/Restore Down no longer causes the program to close unexpectedly.
- An issue with loading a dump file and connecting to the schema has been resolved. Previously, some of the schema features did not display correctly and the data set was unusable.
- Converting a new image to a grid layer no longer causes the program to close unexpectedly.
- Recreating an SDF spatial index on an existing SDF file now works as expected.
- Deleted rows no longer appear in the data source.
FDO SQL Server 2008
- Connecting to the bikeway data source no longer causes the program to close unexpectedly.
- Connecting to a WFS server now works as expected. The FDO WFS provider now retrieves all the feature classes from the server.
- Previously, when you selected Preview before launching the Context Menu, and then created a join between layers with multiple objects the program closed unexpectedly.
- An issue with exporting object data points has been resolved. Previously, the point type data column did not contain any data.
- When you connect to a DGN file the program now imports the correct values for ms_link and element_num.
- After importing a DGN file, all characters are displayed correctly.
- Selecting MgLayer.Selectable now works when calling MgLayer.ForceRfresh().
- Importing a schema while creating an SDF file now displays the correct attribute values.
- Adding bulk copied survey data to your map now works as expected. The data store structure displays in the Survey tab.
Return to Top
Copyright © 2009 Autodesk, Inc.