AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 Update 1 Readme
2011 Update 1 Readme
In a continuing effort to provide high quality products, Autodesk has released
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 Update 1.
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 Update 1 contains the fixes included in AutoCAD 2011
Update 1.1, and AutoCAD Map 3D 2011 Update 1.
Please read this document before you apply the update to your product. For your reference, save this Readme to your hard drive
or print a copy.
This update, C3D2011UPDATE1.exe, is for all versions of AutoCAD Civil
3D 2011 running on English-language and non-English-language operating systems.
This update will apply to versions of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 with previous hotfixes
applied. This update includes all previous hotfixes for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011.
Back to top
When you apply this update while running AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT, it is recommended
that you do not click the "Automatically close applications and attempt
to restart them after setup is complete" option. Instead, close AutoCAD
or AutoCAD LT manually, and press "Ignore" at the prompt. It is
also recommended that you reboot your system after installing the update.
Back to top
Subscription customers can now access selected subscription benefits without logging onto the Subscription Center. The following benefits are
available only to subscription customers.
If you meet the online renewal program rules and your subscription expires soon, a balloon notification with the option to renew displays.
This notification displays only three times. If you have already renewed your subscription, or are not a subscription customer, these options
are not available.
- In InfoCenter, follow the directions in the alert message that displays.
- In InfoCenter, click the Subscription Center button. Under Benefits Center, click Click Here to Learn More About Your Subscription
Benefits and follow the directions that display.
In InfoCenter, click the Subscription Center button. Under Benefits Center, click View eLearning Catalog or from the bottom of the
Subscription Center menu click an eLearning lesson. You will be prompted to sign-in to the Subscription Center.
You can access some subscription-only learning and technical support without logging onto the Subscription Center. This includes eLearning
New Advantage Packs
When a new advantage pack becomes available, a balloon notification and menu option displays. To review and download the advantage pack,
click the balloon notification or menu option. You must have permission to begin the download.
Contract managers and software coordinators can control access to advantage packs from the Subscription Center > Set Access from Product.
Instructions for setting access permissions are provided to contract managers and software coordinators prior to advantage pack releases.
Back to top
As you prepare to install this update, keep the following in mind:
Create a backup of all custom CUIx (menu customization) files before
installing the update. These files are located in:
Microsoft® Windows® XP: Documents
and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2011\enu\Support
Microsoft Windows Vista and 7: Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D
- During the installation of this update, you may be prompted for the original
installation media or network image. In order to apply this update, you
must have administrative privileges to install and uninstall products.
- Administrators can deploy this update over a network using the Deployment
- After you install, product information displays in the About dialog box.
Important: You cannot run an automatic uninstall to remove this update.
To restore your version of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 to its pre-update state, uninstall
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 and reinstall it.
Back to top
The Windows command line switches built into this update are as follows:
- /e - Extracts the MSP file from the update executable.
- /p - Extracts a patch list from the update executable.
- /q - Suppresses the completion message after the update is applied. This
is useful if you use a script or batch file to apply the update to multiple
Instructions about how to use these command line switches are included in the
procedures that follow.
Back to top
- Download C3D2011UPDATE1.exe and save it to any folder.
- Insert your AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 media into your media drive.
- Navigate to the folder where you saved the update.
- Double-click the executable file to begin the installation.
Back to top
Use this procedure if you want to use Communication Center to apply this
update through your local network.
To apply this update through Communication Center using local patch
- On a machine that has AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 installed, install the Autodesk
CAD Manager Tools. To install the Autodesk CAD Manager Tools, insert the
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 product media and select Install Tools and Utilities.
On the Select the Products to Install page, select Autodesk CAD Manager
Tools. Click Next to review and accept the License Agreement,
then click Install to start the installation.
NOTE: The update should not be installed on this machine.
- In a shared location, create a folder where the patches will be downloaded
to (for example, \\servername\shared_folder_location\).
- Click Start > Programs > Autodesk > CAD Manager Tools > CAD
Manager Control Utility.
- Select AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 from the drop-down list and click OK.
- On the InfoCenter tab, under Communication Center Panel, select Enable
Live Updates. From the drop-down list, select Receive Live Updates from Local
- Select Browse and browse to the previously created shared location
(for example, \\servername\shared_folder_location\ ).
- Select Manage Patches. This option allows you to connect with the
Autodesk servers and allows you to download any available patches for your
current installation of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011.
- Under Manage Patches, the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 Service Packs are
listed. Select the update you want to apply. Under Action Type select
Add To Patch Folder and select Update Patch Folder.
- Under Details you will see "downloaded to local patch folder on
- Click Close.
In AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011, ensure the Communication Center is configured.
Once it is configured you will see that a Live Update Maintenance Patch
Back to top
The following method of distributing AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 Update 1 applies
only to administrative images created with the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 Network
Installation wizard. After you complete this procedure, any new deployments
of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 will have the update applied to them automatically.
To apply AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 Update 1 to an existing AutoCAD
Civil 3D 2011 administrative image
- On the workstation where you initially created the AutoCAD Civil 3D
2011 deployment, open the Tools folder and double-click the Create
and Modify a Deployment shortcut icon.
- On the Begin Deployment page, select Create a New Deployment Using
an Existing Deployment as a Template.
- Specify a new name for the deployment.
- Review and make any changes.
- On the Review - Configure - Create Deployment page, click Configure,
review the settings, and make any changes.
- On the Include Service Packs page, select Include Service Pack from
Autodesk.com and click Download.
- Select the option to append the service packs to the deployment.
- Complete the customizations and click Configuration Complete,
and then click Create Deployment. Now any new deployments of AutoCAD
Civil 3D 2011 will have the update applied to them automatically.
Back to top
In some situations users may observe that the background area around the
ViewCube has turned white. This issue is benign but can be resolved by turning
video hardware acceleration on/off.
Back to top
As a result of detailed information from customers who used the Customer
Error Reporting Utility, a number of issues in the following areas were identified
and fixed in this update:
Creating sheets from
a drawing with broken data references in a new drawing no longer causes
AutoCAD Civil 3D to close unexpectedly.
Back to top
This update includes the resolution of over 40 issues. This section of the
readme documents the resolved issues that previously caused loss of data,
unexpected failures of AutoCAD Civil 3D, or reflect a change in functionality.
- Best Fit Alignments can no longer be created with zero length segments.
- Fixes to the spiral curve-spiral-curve-spiral-curve calculation methods have been updated.
- Fixes to the spiral-curve-spiral calculation methods allow for these types of alignments to be created.
- COM type libraries now register correctly on 64-bit Operating Systems.
- An issue with custom draw on Japanese language versions has been resolved.
- An issue with certain API methods using an incorrect array type has been resolved for 64-bit operating systems.
- The Corridor .NET API has been optimized for memory usage and execution performance, which allows developers to process large Corridor models through the .NET API..
- Using a value of zero for width now results in correct volume calculations for the subassemblies ShoulderExtendAll, ShoulderMultiSurface, and ShoulderVerticalSubbase.
- An issue causing the Target Mapping dialog box to be slow to open has been resolved.
- An issue in the CorridorSection Editor dialog box causing labels to be reversed has been resolved.
- An issue in the Corridor Section Editor causing all vertical links to appear offset has been resolved.
- Parameters are now shown in the same order in the Properties Palette as in the Subassembly Properties dialog box.
- For the Channel Subassembly, setting the sideslope to near vertical no longer causes the bottom lining depth to go to infinity.
- Surface names are no longer included when attempting to create material lists using the command Define From Sample Line Group.
- Incorrect instances of missing Language Pack errors on file open have been resolved.
- Access to the large address space provided by the 3GB switch is now accessible with this update.
- There are no longer errors in Storm and Sanitary Analysis program from opening AutoCAD Civil 3D drawings containing a solid pipe projected into a profile.
- Context sensitive help is now displayed in Civil 3D as AutoCAD 2011.
- When attempting to select a curb return profile ribbon option with selected intersections, the application no longer becomes unresponsive..
- Performance has been improved when listing objects with labels in the Properties Palette.
- Curved parcel text with 0 border gap no longer falls outside of the label border.
- A temporary survey database is no longer added after completing a mapcheck adjustment.
- Exporting a surface using XML sometimes causes Civil 3D to hang.
- Exporting a surface using LandXML sometimes causes AutoCAD Civil 3D to become unresponsive..
- Pipes now display in profile view in the expected location and the inlet/outlet structure is resized automatically.
- Drawings that contain pipes and structures in profile views no longer take an extremely long time to open.
- Point Group Properties and certain styles no longer cause AutoCAD Civil 3D to close unexpectedly.
- When creating Best Fit Profiles from 3D polylines, the first vertex is assigned the actual elevation value rather than zero.
- The Pipe network Vista now appears correctly when switching between different networks.
- A crash on save caused by an issue with pipe networks has been resolved.
- Profile properties no longer display "No Profile found". The actual Profile name is now displayed.
- Performance accessing files and opening drawings from Vault has been improved.
- Performance improvements have been made when many objects are displayed in a Profile View using object projections.
- Drawings where feature lines are projected into multiple section views no longer take a long time to open.
- Incorrect counts when using the Each calculation type for pay items has been resolved.
- Dynamic tooltips for out of date objects no longer cause AutoCAD Civil 3D to close unexpectedly.
- When deleting standard styles from the NCS Imperial template, AutoCAD Civil 3D no longer closes unexpectedly.
- An issue occurring with project association after xrefing a drawing with data shortcuts has been resolved. The associated project folder of the xref’ed drawing will no longer change to the project association of the main drawing.
- Issues with the Superelevation Tabular Editor refreshing when alignments are switched have been resolved.
- Critical station overlap now resolves automatically. The values are the same whether calculated manually, one curve at a time, or automatically.
- When resolving superelevation overlap, the critical stations between End Full Super of a curve and Begin Full Super of the next curve and the overlapping shoulder critical stations are removed.
- Manually editing superelevation values in the Superelevation Tabular Editor no longer causes AutoCAD Civil 3D to become unresponsive..
- Changing the visual style of a drawing which contains a surface no longer causes AutoCAD Civil 3D to close unexpectedly.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D no longer becomes unresponsive when creating a Grid Volume Surface.
- An issue with the error tolerances check box has been resolved. The tolerance errors are ignored. If you specify Yes, then observations with tolerance errors are not included in the calculation of the survey point.
- Figure prefix matching no longer fails when the field book figure name and the figure prefix in the figure prefix database have different text cases.
- Values entered in the Equipment Database Manager are now retained exactly as entered.
- Figure mapcheck now returns the correct closure values.
- Subassembly names now display as part of the information in the AutoCAD Properties Palette.
- An issue that could cause AutoCAD Civil 3D to shut down at seemingly random times has been resolved. This issue was more frequently encountered on 32-bit operating systems when the floating toolbars for object properties and styles were enabled.
- The program no longer closes unexpectedly from bringing up the Text Component Editor multiple times.
Back to top
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 Update 1 provides the following AutoCAD 2011 Update
1.1 fixes in a format that is installable on AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- .NET applications built for AutoCAD 2010 may not run on AutoCAD 2011.
- When opening multiple drawings, the minimize and maximize buttons may not always be visible.
- You may experience a random exception when loading custom ARX applications.
- When using Software Acceleration, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- When VSINTERSECTIONEDGES is set to “0”, Camera preview can be extremely slow.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when stretching along the Z-axis of the Gizmo.
- Using the Gizmo grip on a 3D model may not work correctly from the right-click menu.
3D Navigation Tools
- Navigation Bar tooltips may cause AutoCAD to become unstable when switching between drawings.
- Clicking on the “X” to close AutoCAD may fail if the drawing is maximized, and both the ViewCube® and SteeringWheels® function are enabled.
- Orbiting 3D models does not degrade when Adaptive Degradation is checked in the Performance Tuner and uses the 3D Connexion device.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using the Look tool in the WHEEL command.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using 3D Orbit in degradation mode with 3Dconnexion devices.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using the Walk tool in the SteeringWheels feature with degradation and when FPS is set to a limit of 30.
- Drawings containing 100 or more annotation scales cannot be reset.
- Third-party applications may fail when using "removeCmd" in custom ARX applications.
- Multiline attributes in a dynamic block created in AutoCAD 2011 may not display in AutoCAD 2010.
- With Dynamic Mode set to “0”, you may not be able to input Japanese or Chinese characters at the command line.
Customer Involvement Program
- AutoCAD fails to start due to Customer Involvement Program on Windows 7 workstations with Windows 2008 Server on the same subnet.
- When an Enterprise menu is loaded, the Workspace control in the CUI Editor may be grayed out.
- Unable to copy and paste toolbar controls in the CUI Editor.
- When switching profiles that point to a CUIx file cannot be found, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- When using "^P" in a macro, the MENUECHO is not displayed properly.
- AutoCAD will display a CER (Customer Error Report) dialog when exiting AutoCAD with a digitizer configured.
- DGNIMPORT command may not work with the option to ignore external references.
- Some AutoCAD Mechanical objects cannot be selected after being inserted as a block and exploded.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using eTransmit on drawings containing multileaders.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when a password-protected screen saver displays on the screen.
- May have issues updating the Graphics Card drivers on Windows Vista or Windows 7.
- Some display drivers may show up as certified even though they were not certified.
- WBLOCK may be unable to save the drawing to the AutoCAD 2000 file format for “DWG” and “DXF”.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when an External Reference is reloaded after XOPEN, EDIT, or SAVE.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when opening multiple drawings in the same session when running out of video memory.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when opening large amounts of drawings.
- Hatch may not display properly when dynamic blocks are part of the boundary and live preview is enabled.
- Some hatch objects on a newly thawed layer may require a “REGEN” to display.
- Some custom hatch patterns may not display in the Ribbon panel.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using grips to select hatches in some drawings.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when editing annotative hatch through the Ribbon.
- Hatch Scale may revert to 1 when setting transparency and angle on a hatch pattern on a 64-bit operating system.
- Welcome Screen Videos may not play on 64-bit operating systems.
- Searching Online Help may be slow.
- Changing layers transparently from the Ribbon will not update to the new layer when you complete the command.
- Layer properties cannot be changed transparently from the Ribbon.
- Cascading license can't be checked out if one of the distributed server machines doesn't exist on the network.
- AutoCAD cannot get a license from the distributed server when one of servers is stopped.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when plotting a drawing with plot transparency set to "On".
- Protein Materials values created on a 64-bit operating system will not work on a 32-bit operating system.
- When FBXEXPORT is using the default settings, de-selecting the Insert as Block option in FBXIMPORT results in nothing being imported.
- Mtext Paragraph spacing cannot be removed.
- Text in AutoCAD Mechanical-created Fit dimension can change unexpectedly after DDEDIT.
- Unable to export multi-line attribute values with ObjectDBX.
OLE (Object Linking & Embedding)
- Drawings with OLE objects saved as a DXF file no longer contain OLE options.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using Undo on large drawings.
- FBX® files imported from Autodesk 3ds Max will not import unless materials are unchecked.
- AutoCAD may become unstable if a drawing REGEN occurs after editing a block.
- AutoCAD will not take advantage of the 3-gigabyte switch when enabled on a 32-bit operating system.
- Color book values may not display properly in AutoCAD
- Some PGP aliases may not function in AutoCAD LT.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when SDI (Single Document Interface) is set to 1, while editing drawings with OPENPARTIAL are set to 1.
- Adobe Reader may display a warning message “Cannot find or create the font “ArialMT” when opening PDF files created in AutoCAD.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when publishing large drawings to PDF.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when inserting some BMP images.
- Saving with ISAVE, ISAVEAS, and ISAVE again may cause an error message saying that you cannot save the file.
- AutoCAD may become unstable in a side-by-side install if the files tab path points to the Install Directory of AutoCAD 2010.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when Regional and Language Options are set to Turkish language.
- Ribbon Fold panels cannot be transferred in the CUI Editor.
- AutoCAD may become unstable if you have a "." in your menugroup name.
- While in a command, changing the workspace from the Quick Access toolbar will not work.
- Loading custom toolbars from the Ribbon may fail.
Section & Flatten
- All cut-away geometry in sectionplane may not display properly when selecting “Show Cut-away Geometry”.
- Selection Cycling displays when none should be visible.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when holding control and hovering over intersections of lines.
- Changing the Selection Cycling toggle from "Off" to "On" and then quitting AutoCAD may cause you to receive an error report.
- AutoCAD may become unstable after using the "CapturePreviewImage" method
- Crosshairs do not extend across the screen when set to 100% in isometric snap style.
- Visual Lisp may display an error message when using ads_defun and ads_regfunc calls in AcApp.arx.
- When using the lisp function, "vl-directory-files" may cause AutoCAD to become unstable if the directory path is long.
Back to top
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 Update 1 provides the following AutoCAD Map 3D 2011
Update 1 fixes in a format that is installable on AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Loading a .layer file created by Topobase and then closing the drawing crashes AutoCAD Map 3D.
- Running the REGEN command after undoing the delete of a topology element crashes AutoCAD Map 3D.
- FDO raster layers containing elevation data do not respect scale ranges.
FDO Create / Edit
- Selecting a large number of features stalls AutoCAD Map 3D.
- Crash occurs when memory runs out due to continued use of previews.
- Transparency fails with PNG 8 files.
- Enabling the “Cache WMS data” option in the Data Connect dialog after connecting to a WMS service crashes Map.
- Connecting to a WMS service fails with an unhandled exception while trying to read the WMS schema.
- An error message is displayed when installing AutoCAD Map 3D 2010 Update 1 on a non-English version of AutoCAD Map 3D.
- AutoCAD Map 3D crashes upon exiting when Raster Design is invoked within the session.
- OSNAP sometimes fails to work when digitizing a line by snapping to points.
- Grip stretch is cancelled when snapping to features symbolized by blocks.
- OSNAP sometimes fails to snap to features symbolized by blocks.
- Memory not released when TBexporter.arx is loaded and used in AutoCAD Map 3D.
- The Attribute option of the MAPTHEMTOPO command doesn't work when running from the CLI.
- The ADERSHEET command mishandles MultiLeader and MLine entities.
- Selection stops working after selecting features repeatedly within a session.
- Crash occurs when adding custom hatch styles to a Map.
Return to Top
Copyright © 2010 Autodesk, Inc.