AutoCAD LT 2007 GEDIT Hotfix
This hotfix prevents a fatal error in AutoCAD LT® 2007.
Description of Problem
An error causes AutoCAD LT 2007 to crash with the error message Internal Error GEDIT 3.
To install the AutoCAD LT 2007 GEDIT Hotfix
You must have administrative privileges on your Microsoft® Windows® operating system to complete the installation process.
NOTE: Only apply this hofix after installing AutoCAD LT 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2). This installation process requires you to modify an installed product, which may cause Windows security warnings to display. For all Windows security warnings that displays during installation, click Continue.
- Launch AutoCAD LT 2007 SP2.
- Click the Menu Browser > Select Help > About.
- Click the Product Information button.
- On the Product Information dialog box, locate the product version.
Close AutoCAD LT 2007 SP2.
Close all other software applications.
Locate your product installation folder (for example: C:\Program Files\AutoCAD LT 2007).
In this folder, right-click the acadlt.exe file and rename it acadlt.bak.
Download the LT_2007_GEDIT_Hotfix.zip file and extract the acadlt.exe file to the product installation folder found in Step 7.
- If the product version is A.209.0 (UNICODE) or higher, proceed with installation.
- If the product version is less than A.209.0 (UNICODE), do not proceed with the installation. You must Install AutoCAD LT 2007 SP2 before you install this hotfix.
- If the product version is A.209.13 (UNICODE) or higher, then this hotfix has already been installed.
NOTE: To remove this hotfix, delete the new file that you downloaded to the product installation folder and restore the file you renamed in Step 8 to the original name.