Readme for the Autodesk Civil 3D 2007 - ADMS 2008 Support
Autodesk Civil 3D 2007- ADMS 2008 Support Patch
In a continuing effort to provide high quality products, Autodesk has released
the Autodesk Civil 3D 2007 - ADMS 2008 support patch. Autodesk Civil 3D 2007
includes the Autodesk Data Management Server (ADMS) 5 and AutoCAD Civil 3D 2008
includes the ADMS 2008 version. The ADMS 5 and the ADMS 2008 cannot be installed
side-by-side on the same machine. This support patch will allow you to connect
to the ADMS 2008 from Autodesk Civil 3D 2007 (with Service Pack 3 installed),
allowing you to upgrade to the new version of the server independent from your
upgrade to Civil 3D 2008. However, applying this support patch does not allow
you to use AutoCAD Civil 3D 2008 drawings with ADMS 5.
This Readme contains information regarding the installation and use of this
support patch. It is strongly recommended that you read this entire document
before you apply the support patch to your product. For your reference, you
should save this Readme to your hard drive or print a copy.
- You must install Vault Explorer 2008 prior to applying the support patch.
You can install Vault Explorer 2008 from your Civil 3D 2008 product media.
- The Autodesk Civil 3D 2007 - ADMS 2008 support patch can only be applied
to versions of Autodesk Civil 3D 2007 with Service Pack 3 installed. If you
do not have Service Pack 3 installed you will receive an error message when
attempting to install this service pack.
General Installation Information
- To reinstate support for ADMS 5, you will need to uninstall Civil 3D 2007
and then reinstall Civil 3D 2007 with Service Pack 3.
- The Autodesk Civil 3D 2007 - ADMS 2008 support patch cannot be added
to a deployment. This support patch can only be installed on individual
Recommendations for Usage:
- As an alternative to installing this patch, you can maintain two separate
servers, one for Autodesk Civil 3D 2007 and the ADMS 5 and another for AutoCAD
Civil 3D 2008 and the ADMS 2008.
- After applying this support patch it is recommended that you keep two separate
Vault stores (one for 2007 projects and one for 2008 projects) to avoid accidentally
opening and saving drawing files in the wrong version of Civil 3D.
Who Should Install This Support Patch?
This support patch can be applied only to versions of Autodesk Civil 3D
2007 with Service Pack 3 installed and are running on English-language and
non-English-language operating systems. If you have not installed Service
Pack 3, you will receive an error message when attempting to install this
Determining Which Version to Install
Different versions of the support patch are available for locked and unlocked
versions of Autodesk Civil 3D 2007.
To determine whether your version of Autodesk Civil 3D 2007 is locked or
unlocked, follow these steps:
- Launch Autodesk Civil 3D 2007.
- Click Help menu>About Autodesk Civil 3D.
- On the About Autodesk Civil 3D 2007 window, click Product Information.
- On the Product Information window, see the License Type box.
Applying This Support Patch
- Install Vault Explorer 2008 from your AutoCAD Civil 3D 2008 product
media if you have not previously done so.
- Download C3D2007_Vault_Locked.exe or C3D2007_Vault_Unlocked.exe
and save it to any folder.
- Insert your Autodesk Civil 3D 2007 media into your media drive.
- Navigate to the folder where you saved the support patch.
- Double-click the executable file for the support patch to install it.
Copyright (c) 2007 Autodesk, Inc.