Block Editor Save Corruption Hotfix
This hotfix prevents possible loss of data that may occur of the drawing is saved while the Block Editor is open in AutoCAD® 2012-based products.
Description of Problem
When a drawing is saved from within the Block Editor, the entire content of the drawing is sometimes lost and replaced with the content of the block being edited.
- AutoCAD 2012
- AutoCAD Architecture 2012
- AutoCAD Civil 3D® 2012
- AutoCAD Electrical 2012
- AutoCAD Land Desktop 2012
- AutoCAD LT® 2012
- AutoCAD Map3D 2012
- AutoCAD Mechanical 2012
- AutoCAD MEP 2012
- AutoCAD P&ID 2012
To Install Block Editor Hotfix
You must have administrative privileges on your Microsoft® Windows® operating system to complete the installation process.
This installation requires you to replace the following files:
NOTE: Only apply this hotfix after you have installed an AutoCAD 2012-based product. This installation requires you to modify an installed product, which may cause Windows security warnings to display. For all Windows security warnings that display during installation, click Continue.
To Replace theAcAuthEnviron.arx File
- Close all software applications.
- Navigate to your product installation folder; for example C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2012.
- In the product installation folder, right-click the AcAuthEnviron.arx file and rename it AcAuthEnviron.bak.
- Download the file for your application to a location on your local computer:
- For 32-bit operating systems:
block_editor_save_corruption_hotfix_x86.zip (for all products except AutoCAD LT)
block_editor_save_corruption_hotfix_x86_lt.zip (for AutoCAD LT)
- For 64-bit operating systems:
block_editor_save_corruption_hotfix_x64.zip (for all products except AutoCAD LT)
block_editor_save_corruption_hotfix_x64_lt.zip (for AutoCAD LT)
- To install the fix, double-click the ZIP file and save the AcAuthEnviron.arx file to the product installation folder.
To Uninstall This Hotfix
- In the product installation folder, delete the AcAuthEnviron.arx file that you downloaded.
- Restore the file you renamed (AcAuthEnviron.bak) to the original name (AcAuthEnviron.arx).