This update will repair a problem that may cause a crash when closing drawings.
Description of Problem
AutoCAD® 2007-based products may crash when closing drawings. This problem can also manifest itself while saving or plotting drawings.
- AutoCAD® 2007
- AutoCAD Electrical 2007
- AutoCAD Mechanical 2007
- Autodesk® Architectural Desktop 2007
- Autodesk Building Systems 2007
- Autodesk Civil 3D® 2007
- Autodesk Inventor® Professional 11(1)
- Autodesk Inventor Series 11(1)
- Autodesk Land Desktop 2007
- Autodesk Map® 3D 2007
- Autodesk Mechanical Desktop 2007
- Autodesk Raster Design 2007
- Autodesk AutoCAD Revit® Series Building 9.x (2)
- Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Series Structure 3 (2)
- Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Series Structure 4 (2)
(1) Apply this patch only if the installation includes AutoCAD Mechanical 2007 or Autodesk Mechanical Desktop 2007.
(2) Apply this patch only if the installation includes AutoCAD 2007.
Note: This hotfix cannot be applied to AutoCAD LT® 2007. Please see Closing Drawings LT Hotfix to apply to AutoCAD LT 2007.
To install the Closing Drawings Hotfix
You must have administrative privileges on your Microsoft® Windows® operating system to complete the installation process.
- Close all software applications.
- Find the product installation folder; for example c:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2007.
- In this folder, right-click the acmgd.dll file and select Properties.
- Click the Version tab and confirm the file version.
- If this file is version 184.108.40.206, then proceed with the installation.
- If this file is version 220.127.116.11 or greater, then this hotfix has already been applied and you do not need to proceed with the installation.
- In the product installation folder, right-click the file acmgd.dll and rename it acmgd.bak.
- Download and copy the acmgd.dll file to the same product installation folder.
- Right-click the new acmgd.dll file and select Properties. Click the Version tab and confirm that this file is version 18.104.22.168.
Note: To remove this hotfix, delete the new acmgd.dll file that you downloaded to the product install folder and restore the file you renamed in Step 5 to its original name.