Hungarian Layout Switching Hotfix
This update corrects a problem found when switching between layout tabs and model space in drawings created and saved in Hungarian AutoCAD® 2007 .
Description of Problem
Drawings created and saved in Hungarian AutoCAD 2007 and then reopened in Hungarian AutoCAD 2004, 2005, 2006 or AutoCAD 2008 products will switch from model space to the other layout tabs, but will not switch back.
To Install and Run the Model Layout Fix
NOTE: Create a backup of any affected drawings before running this fix.
- Double-click the self-extracting executable file ModelLayoutFix.exe. The utility will be installed to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ModelLayoutFix.
- Click Start > Run. Enter cmd in the Run dialog to open a Command Prompt window. Click OK.
NOTE: The Model Layout Fix can only be run from a Command Prompt window.
- Change directories to the folder where the Model Layout Fix was placed (during Step 1).
- Enter the following at the command prompt:
ModelLayoutFix.exe [Path or File name] [-s] [-h] [-?] [logfile_name.txt]
- ModelLayoutFix.exe: This is the name of the Model Layout Fix executable file.
- Path or File Name: A specified folder containing drawings, or one specific filename requiring the fix. The utility will report which drawings have had the fix applied.
- -s: The utility fixes all drawings found in any subfolders that reside within the specified folder.
- -h or -?: Displays command line options.
- logfile_name: If a logfile name is provided, all search results will be written to a file with that name. If no logfile name is specified, all results are displayed in the Command Prompt window. If no location for the logfile is specified, it is automatically created in the folder where the Model Layout Fix executable file resides.
To Run the Model Layout Fix from a Location Other than the Folder Where It Resides
- Append the name of the folder where the Model Layout Fix resides to the Windows Path environment variable, after which ModelLayoutFix.exe can be run from any folder.
- Preface the ModelLayoutFix.exe command with the path of the install folder, for example; C:\<your folder>\ModelLayoutFix.exe
Usage Sample 1:
All drawings found in the g:\Zones\Project\Drawings folder are analyzed and fixed. A list of fixed drawings is displayed in the Command Prompt window.
Usage Sample 2:
ModelLayoutFix.exe g:\Zones\Project\Drawings –s results.txt
Analyzes and fixes all drawings in the g:\Zones\Project\Drawings folder and its subfolders. The names of all fixed drawings are written to a logfile named results.txt.