This hotfix repairs the following image-related problems in AutoCAD® 2008 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or corresponding service packs for other affected products:
- A fatal error occurs when opening a drawing or attaching an image.
- A drawing that includes the following is distorted when plotted or displayed:
- nonrectangular clipped images
- uncompressed 32-bit RGB TIFF images
Description of Problem
The installation of AutoCAD® 2008 SP1 or corresponding service packs for other affected products causes the following problems:
- When you open a drawing or attach an image, a fatal error displays.
- When you plot a drawing with nonrectangular clipped images or uncompressed 32-bit RGB TIFF, the plotted drawing appears sliced.
- AutoCAD 2008 SP1
- AutoCAD LT® 2008 SP1
- The following Autodesk® products utilizing AutoCAD 2008 SP1:
- AutoCAD Architecture 2008
- AutoCAD Civil 3D® 2008
- AutoCAD Electrical 2008
- AutoCAD Land Desktop 2008
- AutoCAD Map3D 2008
- AutoCAD Mechanical 2008
- AutoCAD MEP 2008
- AutoCAD P&ID 2008
- AutoCAD Raster Design 2008
- AutoCAD Revit® Architecture Suite 2008 (1)
- AutoCAD Revit® MEP Suite 2008 (2)
- AutoCAD Revit® Structure Suite 2008 (1)
- Autodesk Inventor™ Professional 2008 (3)
- Autodesk Inventor Suite 2008 (3)
- Autodesk Mechanical Desktop® 2008
(1) Apply this hotfix only if the installation includes AutoCAD 2008.
(2) Apply this hotfix only if the installation includes AutoCAD MEP 2008.
(3) Apply this hotfix only if the installation includes AutoCAD Mechanical 2008.
To install the Image Hotfix
NOTE: You must have administrative privileges on your Microsoft® Windows® operating system to complete the installation process.
This hotfix should only be applied after installing AutoCAD 2008 SP1 or corresponding service packs for other affected products.
- Close all software applications.
- Find the product installation folder; for example C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2008.
- In this folder, right-click the AdImaging.dll file and select Properties.
- Click the Version tab and confirm the file version.
- If the file is version 220.127.116.11 or higher, but less than 18.104.22.168, then proceed with this installation.
- If the file is less than version 22.214.171.124, then you must first install AutoCAD 2008 SP1 or corresponding service packs for other affected products.
- If the file is version 126.96.36.199 or higher, then this hotfix has already been applied.
- Rename the affected original file.
- In the product installation folder, right-click the file AdImaging.dll and rename it AdImaging.bak.
- Based on the version of your product, double-click Image_Hotfix_32bit.zip or Image_Hotfix_64bit.zip.
- Extract AdImaging.dll to the product installation folder (for example, C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2008).
- Verify the version of the replaced file.
- Right-click the new AdImaging.dll file and select Properties. Click the version tab and confirm that this file is version 188.8.131.52.
NOTE: To remove this hotfix, delete the new AdImaging.dll file that you downloaded to the product installation folder and restore the file you renamed in Step 5 to the original name.