Image Manipulations Improvement Hotfix
This hotfix resolves several image-related issues in the following ways:
- Accellerates plotting to raster file formats including bitonal CALS or TIFF files
- Removes pinstriped lines when plotting drawings with large, slightly-rotated images when using HP plotting devices
- Repairs the displaying and printing of image frames when the IMAGEFRAME system variable is set to 0
- Accellerates the plotting of drawings with attached MRSID images
Description of Problems
- Plotting drawings to most raster file formats, especially bitonal CALS or TIFF files, is slower in AutoCAD® 2007-based products when compared to previous versions of the same applications
- When plotting drawings with large, slightly-rotated images attached, output may appear with pinstriped lines. A preview of the drawing will not display these pinstriped lines
- When the IMAGEFRAME system variable is set to 0, the image frame is sometimes displayed and printed
- Plotting drawings with MRSID images attached is slow
- AutoCAD 2007
- AutoCAD Electrical 2007
- AutoCAD LT 2007
- AutoCAD Mechanical 2007
- Autodesk® Architectural Desktop 2007
- Autodesk Building Systems 2007
- Autodesk Civil 3D® 2007
- Autodesk Inventor® Professional 11 (1)
- Autodesk Inventor Series 11 (1)
- Autodesk Land Desktop 2007
- Autodesk Map® 3D 2007
- Autodesk Mechanical Desktop 2007
- Autodesk Raster Design 2007
- Autodesk AutoCAD Revit® Series Building 9.x (2)
- Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Series Structure 3 (2)
- Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Series Structure 4 (2)
(1) Apply this patch only if the installation includes AutoCAD Mechanical 2007 or AutoCAD Mechanical Desktop 2007.
(2) Apply this patch only if the installation includes AutoCAD 2007.
To install the Image Manipulations Improvement Hotfix
NOTE: You must have administrative privileges on your Microsoft® Windows® operating system to complete the installation process.
This hotfix should only be applied after installing AutoCAD 2007 Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2 or corresponding service packs for other affected products.
- Close all software applications.
- Find the product installation folder; for example C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2007.
- In this folder, right-click the AdImaging.dll file and select Properties.
- Click the Version tab and confirm the file version.
- If this file is version 22.214.171.124 or higher, then proceed with this installation.
- If this file is less than version 126.96.36.199, then you must first install AutoCAD 2007 Service Pack 2.
- If this file is version 188.8.131.52, then this hotfix has already been applied.
- Rename the affected original files.
- In the product installation folder, right-click the file AdImaging.dll and rename it AdImaging.bak.
- In the product installation folder, right-click the file AdIntImgServices.dll and rename it AdIntImgServices.bak.
- In the AutoCAD driver installation folder (for example, C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2007\DRV), right-click the file raster9.hdi and rename it raster9.bak.
- Double-click the attached file ACAD2007SP2_IMAGE_PLOT_MRSID.zip. Browse to your AutoCAD 2007 installation folder and extract the files to the following folders:
- Extract AdImaging.dll and AdIntImgServices.dll to the product installation folder (for example, C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2007)
- Extract raster9.hdi to the product driver installation folder (for example, C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2007\DRV)
- Verify the versions of the replaced files.
- Right-click the new AdImaging.dll file and select Properties. Click the version tab and confirm that this file is version 184.108.40.206.
- Right-click the new AdIntImgServices.dll file and select Properties. Click the version tab and confirm that this file is version 220.127.116.11.
- Right-click the new raster9.hdi file and select Properties. Click the version tab and confirm that this file is version 18.104.22.168.
NOTE: To remove this HOTFIX, delete the new AdImaging.dll, AdIntImgServices.dll and raster9.hdi files that you downloaded to the product installation folder and restore the files you renamed in Step 5 to the original names.