This hotfix repairs a problem in which linetypes unexpectedly display as continuous in AutoCAD® products after the installation of a Service Pack.
Description of Problem
The installation of a Service Pack causes linetypes to display as continuous.
- AutoCAD 2008
- AutoCAD Architecture 2008
- AutoCAD LT® 2008
- AutoCAD Land Desktop 2008
- AutoCAD Map® 3D 2008
- AutoCAD MEP 2008
- AutoCAD Mechanical 2008
- AutoCAD Electrical 2008
- AutoCAD P&ID 2008
- Autodesk® Inventor® Professional 2008 (1)
- Autodesk Inventor Suite 2008 (1)
- AutoCAD Revit® Architecture Suite 2008 (2)
- AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite 2008 (2)
- AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite 2008 (3)
(1) Apply this patch only if the installation includes AutoCAD Mechanical 2008 or AutoCAD Mechanical Desktop 2008.
(2) Apply this patch only if the installation includes AutoCAD 2008.
(3) Apply this patch only if the installation includes AutoCAD MEP 2008.
The following versions of this Hotfix are available:
- Linetype_Hotfix_32bit.zip contains acad.exe applicable to all 32 bit products listed above except AutoCAD LT 2008.
- Linetype_Hotfix_64bit.zip contains acad.exe applicable only to 64 bit products.
- Linetype_Hotfix_LT.zip contains acadlt.exe applicable only to AutoCAD LT 2008.
Install only the version that is applicable to your system.
To install the Linetype Hotfix
You must have administrative privileges on your Microsoft® Windows® operating system to complete the installation process.
NOTE: This hotfix should only be applied after installing AutoCAD 2008 Service Pack 1 or corresponding service packs for other affected products. This installation process requires you to modify an installed product, which may cause Windows security warnings to appear. For all Windows security warnings that appear during installation, click Continue.
- Launch your AutoCAD based product.
- Select Help > About.
- Click the Product Information button.
- On the Product Information button, locate the product version.
Exit your AutoCAD based product.
Close all other software applications.
Find the product installation folder; for example c:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2008.
In this folder, select the acad.exe file or the acadlt.exe file. Re-name the affected file as follows:
- If the product version is B.219.0 (UNICODE), proceed with installation.
- If the product version is less than B.219.0 (UNICODE), do not proceed with installation. The Service Pack has not been installed on your computer and you should not be experiencing any of the problems addressed by this Hotifx. Moreover, installing this Hotfix will have undesirable results.
- If the product version is B.219.3 (UNICODE), then this Hotfix has already been installed.
Download the appropriate zip file and extract the acad.exe file or the acadlt.exe file to a temporary folder; for example, c:\Temp.
Locate acad.exe or acadlt.exe in the temporary folder and copy it to the product installation folder found in Step 7.
- For AutoCAD LT 2008 rename the acadlt.exe file to acadlt.bak.
- For all other products rename the acad.exe file to acad.bak.
NOTE: To remove this hotfix, delete the new acad.exe file or acadlt.exe file that you copied to the product installation folder and restore the file you renamed in Step 8 to its original name.