This hotfix repairs a problem that may cause a crash when you use the MEASUREGEOM command.
Description of Problem
When you use the MEASUREGEOM command with the cursor icon, the application may crash if the icon is partially off screen.
- AutoCAD® 2010
- AutoCAD LT® 2010
- DWG TrueView® 2010
- The following Autodesk® products utilizing AutoCAD 2010:
- AutoCAD Architecture 2010
- AutoCAD Civil 3D® 2010
- AutoCAD Electrical 2010
- AutoCAD Land Desktop 2010
- AutoCAD Map3D 2010
- AutoCAD Mechanical 2010
- AutoCAD MEP 2010
- AutoCAD P&ID 2010
- AutoCAD Raster Design 2010
- AutoCAD Revit® Architecture Suite 2010 (1)
- AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite 2010 (2)
- AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite 2010 (1)
- Autodesk Inventor Suite 2010 (3)
(1) Apply this hotfix only if the installation includes AutoCAD Architecture 2010.
(2) Apply this hotfix only if the installation includes AutoCAD MEP 2010.
(3) Apply this hotfix only if the installation includes AutoCAD Mechanical 2010.
To install the MEASUREGEOM Hotfix
NOTE: You must have administrative privileges on your Microsoft Windows operating system to complete the installation process.
NOTE: To remove this hotfix, delete the new gdi10.hdi file that you downloaded to the Drv folder and restore the file you renamed in Step 5 to the original name.
- Close all software applications.
- Find the Drv folder under the product installation folder, for example, C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\Drv.
- In this folder, right-click the gdi10.hdi file and select Properties.
- Click the Version tab and confirm the file version. If the file is version 10.0.55.0, then proceed with this installation.
- Under the Drv folder, right-click the gdi10.hdi file and rename it gdi10.old.
- Based on the version of your product, double-click MeasureGeom_hotfix_32bit.zip or MeasureGeom_hotfix_64bit.zip and extract the gdi10.hdi file to the product Drv folder, for example, C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\Drv.
- Right-click the new gdi10.hdi file and select Properties. Click the Version tab and confirm that this file is version 10.0.55.3.