Non-Unicode Multiline Text Hotfix
This hotfix repairs a problem with non-unicode multiline text (mtext).
Description of Problem
When non-unicode mtext lacks font information, it displays incorrectly in AutoCAD® 2008-based products.
- AutoCAD® 2008
- AutoCAD Architecture 2008
- AutoCAD LT® 2008
- AutoCAD Land Desktop 2008
- AutoCAD Map® 3D 2008
- AutoCAD MEP 2008
- AutoCAD Mechanical 2008
- AutoCAD Electrical 2008
- AutoCAD P&ID 2008
- Autodesk® Inventor® Professional 2008 (1)
- Autodesk Inventor Suite 2008 (1)
- AutoCAD Revit® Architecture Suite 2008 (2)
- AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite 2008 (2)
- AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite 2008 (3)
(1) Apply this patch only if the installation includes AutoCAD Mechanical 2008 or AutoCAD Mechanical Desktop 2008.
(2) Apply this patch only if the installation includes AutoCAD 2008.
(3) Apply this patch only if the installation includes AutoCAD MEP 2008.
To install the Non-Unicode MText Hotfix
You must have administrative privileges on your Microsoft® Windows® operating system to complete the installation process.
NOTE: This hotfix should only be applied after installing AutoCAD 2008 Service Pack 1 or corresponding service packs for other affected products. This installation process requires you to modify an installed product, which may cause Windows security warnings to appear. For all Windows security warnings that appear during installation, click Continue.
- Close all software applications.
- Navigate to the folder where your Autodesk product is installed, for example, C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2008.
- Right-click acdb17.dll. Select Properties.
- Click the Version tab and confirm the file version.
- If the version number is between 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52, then proceed with the installation.
- If the version number is less than 184.108.40.206, then you must first install AutoCAD 2008 Service Pack 1 or corresponding service packs for other affected products before proceeding with this installation.
- If the version number is 220.127.116.11 or greater then this hotfix has already been applied and you do not need to proceed with the installation.
- In the folder specified in Step 2, right-click acdb17.dll and rename it acdb17.bak.
- Download and copy acdb17.dll to the folder specified in Step 2.
- Right-click the new acdb17.dll and select Properties. Click the Version tab and confirm that this file is version 18.104.22.168.
NOTE: To remove this hotfix, delete the new acdb17.dll file that you downloaded to the folder specified in Step 2 and restore the file you renamed in Step 5 to its original name.