Pline Area Hotfix
This hotfix repairs the area calculation problem of polylines positioned at a great distance from the origin.
Description of Problem
When a complex polyline with excessively large curves is positioned far from the origin, its area calculation is incorrect.
Prerequisite: Please ensure that Update 2 for AutoCAD 2011 is installed before you apply this hotfix.
To install Pline Area Hotfix
You must have administrative privileges on your Microsoft® Windows® operating system to complete the installation process.
NOTE: This installation process requires you to modify an installed product, which may cause Windows security warnings to appear. For all Windows security warnings that appear during installation, click Continue.
- Close all software applications.
- Start AutoCAD 2011 and execute command "ABOUT".
- Verify the product version :
- If it shows "AutoCAD 2011 Version 3", proceed with this installation.
- If it shows "AutoCAD 2011" or "AutoCAD 2011 Version 2", please install AutoCAD 2011 Update 2 before installing this hotfix.
- Close AutoCAD 2011.
- Download the appropriate Hotfix for your product:
- AutoCAD 2011 32-bit: Pline_Area_Hotfix_for_AutoCAD_2011_Update2_32bit.zip
- AutoCAD 2011 64-bit: Pline_Area_Hotfix_for_AutoCAD_2011_Update2_64bit.zip
- Double-click downloaded zip file and extract the content to a temporary folder.
- Navigate to the folder where your Autodesk product is installed, for example, C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2011\.
- Rename the following 3 files by adding .bak to their filename:
- From acad.exe to acad.exe.bak
- From acdb18.dll to acdb18.dll.bak
- From axdb.dll to axdb.dll.bak
- From the temporary folder used in step 6, copy all 3 files to the main program folder as follows:
- Copy acad.exe to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2011\
- Copy acdb18.dll to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2011\
- Copy axdb.dll to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2011\
- Start AutoCAD 2011
Uninstall: To remove this hotfix, delete the new files copied in step 9 and restore the files you renamed in Step 8 to their original names.
This hotfix does not fix issues when calculating areas of the polylines including curves that are self-intersecting or contain interior loops.