Fatal Error Plotting to CAL Format Hotfix
This hotfix repairs a fatal problem in AutoCAD® 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2)-based products and corresponding service packs for other affected products when plotting to .CAL format.
Description of Problem
When plotting to raster .CAL format, a fatal error occurs if the vector graphic resolution is set to 400 DPI or higher.
- AutoCAD 2007
- AutoCAD LT® 2007
- AutoCAD Mechanical 2007
- AutoCAD Electrical 2007
- Autodesk® Architectural Desktop 2007
- Autodesk Building Systems 2007
- Autodesk Inventor Series 11 (1)
- Autodesk Inventor Professional 11 (1)
- Autodesk AutoCAD Revit® Series - Building 9.x (2)
- Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Series Structure 3 (2)
- Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Series Structure 4 (2)
- Autodesk Civil 3D® 2007
- Autodesk Land Desktop 2007
- Autodesk Map® 3D 2007
- Autodesk Mechanical Desktop 2007
- Autodesk Raster Design 2007
(1) Apply this hotfix only if the installation includes AutoCAD Mechanical 2007 or AutoCAD Mechanical Desktop 2007.
(2) Apply this hotfix only if the installation includes AutoCAD 2007.
To install the Fatal Error Plotting to CAL Format Hotfix
You must have administrative privileges on your Microsoft® Windows® operating system to complete the installation process.
NOTE: This hotfix should only be applied after installing AutoCAD 2007 SP2 or corresponding service packs for other affected products.
- Close all software applications.
- Locate the DRV subfolder in the product installation folder (for example c:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2007\DRV).
- In this folder, right-click the Raster9.hdi file and select Properties.
- Click the Version tab and confirm the file version.
In the product installation folder, right-click the Raster9.hdi file and rename it Raster9.bak.
Extract the Raster9.hdi file to your DRV subfolder in the product installation folder.
Right-click the Raster9.hdi file and select Properties. Click the version tab and confirm that this file is version 18.104.22.168.
- If this file is version 22.214.171.124 or higher, but less than 126.96.36.199, proceed with this installation.
- If this file version is less than 188.8.131.52 do not proceed with this installation. You must install AutoCAD 2007 SP2 or corresponding services for other affected products before you install this hotfix.
- If the file version is 184.108.40.206 or higher then this hotfix has already been installed.
NOTE: To remove this hotfix, delete the new Raster9.hdi that you copied to the product installation folder and restore the file you renamed in Step 5 to its original name.