Open Failure from Windows Explorer Hotfix
This hotfix repairs a problem that occurs when you open DWG files from Windows Explorer in AutoCAD 2008 SP1 and corresponding service packs for other affected products.
Description of Problem
When you attempt to open multiple files from the Windows Explorer, only the first selected file opens.
- AutoCAD 2008 SP1
- AutoCAD LT® 2008 SP1
- The following Autodesk® products utilizing AutoCAD 2008 SP1:
- AutoCAD Architecture 2008
- AutoCAD Civil 3D® 2008
- AutoCAD Electrical 2008
- AutoCAD Land Desktop 2008
- AutoCAD Map3D 2008
- AutoCAD Mechanical 2008
- AutoCAD MEP 2008
- AutoCAD P&ID 2008
- AutoCAD Raster Design 2008
- AutoCAD Revit® Architecture Suite 2008 (1)
- AutoCAD Revit® MEP Suite 2008 (2)
- AutoCAD Revit® Structure Suite 2008 (1)
- Autodesk Inventor™ Professional 2008 (3)
- Autodesk Inventor Suite 2008 (3)
- Autodesk Mechanical Desktop® 2008
(1) Apply this hotfix only if the installation includes AutoCAD 2008.
(2) Apply this hotfix only if the installation includes AutoCAD MEP 2008.
(3) Apply this hotfix only if the installation includes AutoCAD Mechanical 2008.
To install Open Failure from Windows Explorer Hotfix
NOTE: You must have administrative privileges on your Microsoft® Windows® operating system to complete the installation process.
This hotfix should only be applied after installing AutoCAD 2008 SP1 or corresponding service packs for other affected products.
- Close all software applications.
- Navigate to your Autodesk Shell Extension folder; for example C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AcShellEx.
- In the Autodesk Shell Extension folder, right-click the AcLauncher.exe file and select Properties.
- Click the Version tab and confirm the file version.
- If the file is version 220.127.116.11 or higher, but less than 18.104.22.168, then proceed with this installation.
- If the file is less than version 22.214.171.124, then you must first install AutoCAD 2008 SP1.
- If the file is version 126.96.36.199 or higher, then this hotfix has already been applied.
- Rename the affected original file.
- In the Autodesk Shell Extension folder, right-click the file AcLauncher.exe and rename it AcLauncher.bak.
- Based on the version of your product, double-click AcLauncher_32bit.zip or AcLauncher_64bit.zip.
- Extract AcLauncher.exe to the Autodesk Shell Extension folder; for example: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AcShellEx.
- Verify the version of the replaced file.
- Right-click the new AcLauncher.exe file and select Properties. Click the version tab and confirm that this file is version 188.8.131.52.
NOTE: To remove this hotfix, delete the new AcLauncher.exe file that you downloaded to the Autodesk Shell Extension folder and restore the file you renamed in Step 5 to the original name.