Windows 8 Fatal Error Hotfix
This hotfix repairs the random fatal error occurring in different languages of AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 running on Windows 8 OS.
Description of Problem
Fatal errors happen occassionally in AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 that is installed on a non-English Windows 8 OS.
The problem can be found on the different languages of AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 below running on Windows 8 OS:
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
- AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 Service Pack 2
Prerequisite: Please ensure that Service Pack 2 for AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 is installed before you apply this hotfix.
To install Windows 8 Fatal Error Hotfix
You must have administrative privileges on your Microsoft® Windows® operating system to complete the installation process.
NOTE: This installation process requires you to modify an installed product, which may cause Windows security warnings to appear. For all Windows security warnings that appear during installation, click Continue.
- Close all software applications.
- Start AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 and execute command AMVER.
- Verify the product version :
- If it shows "AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 SP2", proceed with this installation.
- If it shows "AutoCAD Mechanical 2013" or "AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 SP1", please install AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 Service Pack 2 before installing this hotfix.
- Close AutoCAD Mechanical 2013.
- Navigate to the folder where your Autodesk product is installed, for example, C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\Acadm
- Right-click symbbautoenu.dll and rename it symbbautoenu.bak.
- Double-click on symbbautoenu_x86.zip or symbbautoenu_x64.zip and extract symbbautoenu.dll to the folder specified in Step 5.
- Right-click the new symbbautoenu.dll and select Properties. Confirm that it is version 22.214.171.124.
To uninstall this Hotfix
- Delete the new symbbautoenu.dll file that you downloaded to the folder specified in Step 5.
- Restore the file you renamed in Step 6 to its original name.