This hotfix reduces the memory requirements for rendering drawings that contain textured objects.
Description of Problem
While rendering drawings with textured objects, AutoCAD® 2009-based products may run out of system memory and crash. This hotfix allows you to render some of these drawings.
- AutoCAD 2009
- AutoCAD Architecture 2009
- AutoCAD Civil 3D® 2009
- AutoCAD Electrical 2009
- AutoCAD Land Desktop 2009
- AutoCAD Map 3D 2009
- AutoCAD Mechanical 2009
- AutoCAD MEP 2009
- AutoCAD P&ID 2009
- AutoCAD Raster Design 2009
- AutoCAD Revit® Architecture Suite 2009 (1)
- AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite 2009 (2)
- AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite 2009 (1)
- Autodesk® Inventor™ Professional 2009 (3)
- Autodesk Inventor Suite 2009 (3)
(1) Apply this hotfix only if the installation includes AutoCAD 2009.
(2) Apply this hotfix only if the installation includes AutoCAD MEP 2009.
(3) Apply this hotfix only if the installation includes AutoCAD Mechanical 2009 or AutoCAD Mechanical Desktop® 2009.
To install the Render Hotfix
NOTE: You must have administrative privileges on your Microsoft® Windows® operating system to complete the installation process.
- Close all software applications.
- Find the product installation folder (for example, C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2009).
- In this folder, right-click the Nexus.dll file and select Properties.
- Click the Version tab and confirm the file version.
- If the file is version 22.214.171.124, then proceed with this installation.
- If the file is version 126.96.36.199 or higher, then this hotfix has already been applied.
- Rename the affected original files.
- In the product installation folder, right-click the Nexus.dll file and rename it Nexus.bak.
- In the DRV subfolder of the installation folder, right-click the mentalray9.hdi file and rename it mentalray9.bak.
- Based on the version of your product, double-click Render _Hotfix_32bit.zip or Render_Hotfix_64bit.zip.
- Extract affected files to respective folders.
- Nexus.dll to the product installation folder (for example, C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2009).
- mentalray9.hdi to the DRV subfolder of the product installation folder (for example, C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2009\DRV)
- Verify the version of the replaced file.
- Right-click the new Nexus.dll file and select Properties. Click the version tab and confirm that this file is version 188.8.131.52.
NOTE: To remove this hotfix, delete the new Nexus.dll or mentalray9.hdi file that you downloaded to the product installation folder and restore the file you renamed in Step 5 to the original name.