Rotating Attributes Hotfix
This hotfix repairs a problem with the rotation of attributes inside blocks.
Description of Problem
When you set rotation using the Properties palette, blocks attributes fail to rotate properly.
- AutoCAD® 2008 SP1
- AutoCAD LT® 2008 SP1
- The following Autodesk® products utilizing AutoCAD 2008 SP1:
- AutoCAD Architecture 2008
- AutoCAD Civil 3D® 2008
- AutoCAD Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2008
- AutoCAD Electrical 2008
- AutoCAD Land Desktop 2008
- AutoCAD Map 3D 2008
- AutoCAD Mechanical 2008
- AutoCAD MEP 2008
- AutoCAD OEM 2008
- AutoCAD P&ID 2008
- AutoCAD Raster Design 2008
- AutoCAD Revit® Architecture Suite 2008 (1)
- AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite 2008 (2)
- AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite 2008 (1)
- AutoCAD Utility Design 2008
- Autodesk® Inventor™ 2008 (3)
- Autodesk Inventor Suite 2008 (3)
(1) Apply this hotfix only if the installation includes AutoCAD 2008.
(2) Apply this hotfix only if the installation includes AutoCAD MEP 2008.
(3) Apply this hotfix only if the installation includes AutoCAD Mechanical 2008 or AutoCAD Mechanical Desktop 2008.
To install the Rotating Attributes Hotfix
Apply this hotfix only after installing AutoCAD 2008 SP1 or corresponding service packs for other affected products.
NOTE: You must have administrative privileges on your Microsoft® Windows® operating system to complete the installation process.
- Close all software applications.
- Locate your product installation folder. For example: C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2008.
- In this folder, right-click the AxDb.dll file and click Properties.
- Click the Version tab and confirm the file version.
- If the file is version 220.127.116.11 or higher, but less than 18.104.22.168, then proceed with this installation.
- If the file is less than version 22.214.171.124, then you must first install AutoCAD 2008 SP1 or corresponding service packs for other affected products.
- If the file is version 126.96.36.199 or higher, then this hotfix has already been applied.
- In the product installation folder, right-click the original AxDb.dll file and rename it AxDb.bak.
- Based on the version of your product, double-click Attribute_Rotate_Hotfix_32bit.zip or Attribute_Rotate_Hotfix_64bit.zip.
- Extract affected file AxDb.dll to the product installation folder.
- Right-click the new AxDb.dll file and select Properties. Click the version tab and confirm that this file is version 188.8.131.52.
NOTE: To remove this hotfix, delete the new AxDb.dll file that you downloaded to the product installation folder and restore the file you renamed in Step 5 to the original name.