Startup Error and Text Editing Hotfix
This hotfix addresses two issues in AutoCAD LT® 2010:
- a crash may occur when you launch AutoCAD LT
- a crash may occur when editing text
Description of Problems
- Certain anti-spyware programs may conflict with AutoCAD LT 2010 and cause the application to crash at startup. An unhandled exception error is issued prior to the crash.
- AutoCAD LT may also crash when selecting, editing, or creating text.
NOTE: This hotfix does not apply to AutoCAD® 2010 and AutoCAD-based products, DWG TrueView™ 2010, and Autodesk® Design Review.
To install Startup Error and Text Editing Hotfix
NOTE: You must have administrative privileges on your Microsoft Windows operating system to complete the installation process.
- Close all software applications.
- Find the product installation folder; for example, C:\Program Files\AutoCAD LT 2010
- In this folder, right-click the AdWindows.dll file and select Properties.
- Click the Version tab and confirm the file version. If the file version is less than 22.214.171.124, then proceed with this installation.
- In the product installation folder, rename the affected files as follows:
- Right-click the AcWindows.dll file and rename it AcWindows.old.
- Right-click the AdApplicationFrame.dll file and rename it AdApplicationFrame.old.
- Right-click the AdWindows.dll file and rename it AdWindows.old.
- Right-click the AdWindowsInterop.dll file and rename it AdWindowsInterop.old.
- Based on the version of your product, double-click Startup_Error_LT_Hotfix_32bit.zip or Startup_Error_LT_Hotfix_64bit.zip and extract the AcWindows.dll, AdApplicationFrame.dll, AdWindows.dll, and AdWindowsInterop.dll files to the product installation folder.
- Right-click the new AdWindows.dll file and select Properties. Click the Version tab and confirm that this file is version 126.96.36.199.
- If the ribbon does not appear when you launch AutoCAD LT, you can display it by using the RIBBON command or the Workspace Switching icon on the status bar.
- To remove this hotfix, delete the new AcWindows.dll, AdApplicationFrame.dll, AdWindows.dll, and AdWindowsInterop.dll files that you downloaded to the product installation folder, and restore the files you renamed in Step 5 to the original names.