Startup Error Hotfix
This hotfix repairs a problem that may cause a crash when you launch DWG TrueView™ 2010.
Description of Problem
Certain anti-spyware programs may conflict with DWG TrueView 2010 and cause the application to crash at startup. An unhandled exception error is issued prior to the crash.
NOTE: This hotfix does not apply to AutoCAD® 2010 and AutoCAD-based products, AutoCAD LT® 2010, and Autodesk® Design Review.
To install Startup Error Hotfix
NOTE: You must have administrative privileges on your Microsoft Windows operating system to complete the installation process.
- Close all software applications.
- Find the product installation folder; for example, C:\Program Files\DWG TrueView 2010
- In this folder, right-click the AdWindows.dll file and select Properties.
- Click the Version tab and confirm the file version. If the file version is less than 22.214.171.124, then proceed with this installation.
- In the product installation folder, rename the affected files as follows:
- Right-click the AcWindows.dll file and rename it AcWindows.old.
- Right-click the AdApplicationFrame.dll file and rename it AdApplicationFrame.old.
- Right-click the AdWindows.dll file and rename it AdWindows.old.
- Right-click the AdWindowsInterop.dll file and rename it AdWindowsInterop.old.
- Based on the version of your product, double-click Startup_Error_TrueView_Hotfix_32bit.zip or Startup_Error_TrueView_Hotfix_64bit.zip and extract the AcWindows.dll, AdApplicationFrame.dll, AdWindows.dll, and AdWindowsInterop.dll files to the product installation folder.
- Right-click the new AdWindows.dll file and select Properties. Click the Version tab and confirm that this file is version 126.96.36.199.
- If the ribbon does not appear when you launch DWG TrueView, you can display it by expanding the Application Menu in the upper left corner of the screen, entering RIBBON in the search field, and selecting the Show/Hide Ribbon option in the Related Results list.
- To remove this hotfix, delete the new AcWindows.dll, AdApplicationFrame.dll, AdWindows.dll, and AdWindowsInterop.dll files that you downloaded to the product installation folder, and restore the files you renamed in Step 5 to the original names.