This hotfix repairs a problem found in AutoCAD® 2008 based products when launched as a secondary user from the Windows® start menu.
Description of Problem
Launching the software as a secondary user from the Windows start menu will result in an error message and installation failure.
- AutoCAD 2008
- AutoCAD Electrical 2008
- AutoCAD LT 2008
- AutoCAD Mechanical 2008
- AutoCAD Civil 3D® 2008
- Autodesk® Inventor® Professional 2008 (1)
- Autodesk Inventor Suite 2008 (1)
- AutoCAD Land Desktop 2008
- AutoCAD Map® 3D 2008
- AutoCAD P&ID 2008
- AutoCAD Revit® Architecture Suite 2008 (2)
- AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite 2008 (2)
(1) Apply this patch only if the installation includes AutoCAD Mechanical 2008 or AutoCAD Mechanical Desktop 2008.
(2) Apply this patch only if the installation includes AutoCAD 2008.
To install the Startup Hotfix
- Close all applications and log in as Administrator.
- Use an existing deployment (with or without Service Pack) of the product,
Create a new deployment (with or without Service Pack) of the product.
- Download startup_hotfix.mst to the Administrative Image directory of the deployment in Step 2 above.
- Modify the deployment using the steps below:
a. Create a copy (for backup) of the configuration settings file Deployment_name.ini in the Administrative Image directory.
b. Right click on the original file Deployment_name.ini and click Properties. Uncheck the Read only attribute in the General tab.
c. Open the file Deployment_name.ini in Windows Notepad or a suitable document editor.
d. Search for the product header. For example, in AutoCAD, search for the text string "[ACAD]". After that, search for a line that begins with the text string "TRANSFORMS=".
e. Add the text string ",startup_hotfix.mst" at the end of the line. The text string will be TRANSFORMS=acad-Deployment_Name.mst,startup_hotfix.mst after modification.
NOTE: The comma is necessary as a separator.
f. Save the file. It is recommended that you change the saved file back to Read only.
g. Install the software using the updated deployment.