This hotfix repairs a problem that causes AutoCAD Architecture 2011 and AutoCAD MEP 2011 to crash while trimming entities. The problem is sometimes triggered by other modifications such as Fillet, Chamfer, and Extend.
Description of Problem
While using the TRIM command a crash may occur. You may also experience this crash while using the FILLET, CHAMFER, or EXTEND commands.
- AutoCAD Architecture 2011
- AutoCAD MEP 2011
To install Trim Hotfix
NOTE: You must have administrative privileges on your Microsoft Windows operating system to complete the installation process.
- Close all software applications.
- Find the product installation folder; for example, C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Architecture 2011
- In this folder, right-click the AecRenovationDb.dbx file and select Properties.
- Click the Version tab and confirm the file version. If the file version is 188.8.131.52, then proceed with this installation.
- In the product installation folder, right-click the AecRenovationDb.dbx file and rename it AecRenovationDb.dbx.old.
- Based on the version of your product, double-click Trim_ACA_MEP_hotfix_32bit.zip or Trim_ACA_MEP_hotfix_64bit.zip and extract the AecRenovationDb.dbx file to the product installation folder, for example, C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Architecture 2011.
- Right-click the new AecRenovationDb.dbx file and select Properties. Click the Version tab and confirm that this file is version 184.108.40.206.
- To remove this hotfix, delete the new AecRenovationDb.dbx file that you downloaded to the product installation folder and restore the file you renamed in Step 5 to the original name.