TS15999530 - Autodesk Vault 2011 - Web Client, Windows Authentication Hotfix
In a continuing effort to provide high quality products, Autodesk has released this hotfix which solves a
Web Client Windows Authentication issue.
This README file highlights how to install this hotfix and other important information regarding this update.
Description of the Issue
Attempting a log in using the Web Client fails when using Windows authentication.
Autodesk Vault Collaboration 2011 Update 2
Autodesk Vault Professional 2011 Update 2
Windows authentication will auto populate the web client user name field. Both the user name and password fields must be blank to successfully log in.
Attempting to log in to a nonexistent vault results in a blank page.
Attempting to log in to a vault, with a user account that does not have permission to the vault, results in a blank page.
Attempting to log in without first promoting the vault user account to a domain account results in a log in failure.
The web browser's security settings must be set to automatic logon with current user name and password.
The web site must have windows authentication enabled and 'Negotiate' and 'NTLM' providers enabled.
The updated file is version 126.96.36.199.
- Download the hotfix to a temporary directory on the Autodesk Data Management Server.
- Extract the TS15999530.msp file to the temporary directory.
- Double-click on TS15999530.msp to install the hotfix.
- Install the hotfix on each Autodesk Data Management Server.
- Ensure that windows authentication has been enabled on the Autodesk Data Management Server.
- Reset the web service by typing 'iisreset' at the command prompt.
- Configure Internet Explorer security setting on each workstation to allow automatic logon with the current user name and password.
Copyright © 2010 Autodesk, Inc.