Thank you for downloading AutoCAD® Mechanical 2010 Update 2.
This readme contains the latest information regarding the installation and use of this update. It is strongly recommended that you read this entire document before you apply this update to your product. For reference, you should save this document to your hard drive or print a copy.
You can apply this update to the following Autodesk products running on all supported operating systems and languages. Be sure to install the correct update for your software.
You do not have to install Update 1 in order to install Update 2. This update includes Update 1.
You can also use Communication Center to install the Live Update Maintenance Patches, which will automatically show the correct update for your product.
Note: If you are using a 64 bit version of Windows, and are using Internet Explorer 8, and you have not installed AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 Update 1, please do not use Communication Center to install Update 2. Instead, follow the instructions under Installation Instructions.
|AutoCAD Mechanical 2010||ACM2010Update2.exe|
|AutoCAD Mechanical 2010||ACM2010Update2x64.exe|
You can use this update with the following operating systems below.
Service Pack 2 (SP2) and Service Pack 3 (SP3) of the following:
The following and Service Pack 1 (SP1) of the following:
The following Windows 7 operating systems:
Return to Top
When you apply this update while running AutoCAD Mechanical, it is recommended that you do not click the "Automatically close applications and attempt to restart them after setup is complete" option. Instead, close AutoCAD Mechanical manually before you install this update.
Return to Top
With this update, if you are a subscription customer, a balloon notification periodically displays, letting you know how much time remains before your subscription expires. This notification will only display three times. You can access selected subscription benefits more quickly, without having to log on to the Subscription Center.
If you meet the online renewal program rules, you can renew your AutoCAD Mechanical subscription online. If you have already renewed your subscription, or are not a subscription customer, these options are not available.
In InfoCenter, click the Subscription Center button. Under Benefits Center, click View eLearning Catalog. You will be prompted to sign-in to the Subscription Center.
You can access some subscription-only learning and technical support without logging onto the Subscription Center. This includes some eLearning lessons.
New Advantage Packs
When a new Advantage Pack becomes available, a balloon notification and menu option displays. To review and download the Advantage Pack, click the balloon notification or menu option. You must have permission to begin the download. Contract managers and software coordinators can control access to Advantage Packs from Subscription Center > Set Access from Product. Instructions for setting access permissions are provided to contract managers and software coordinators prior to Advantage Pack releases.
As a result of detailed information from customers who used the Customer Error Reporting Utility, a number of problems were identified and fixed. Updates have been made in the following commands and features:
Return to Top
This update includes AutoCAD 2010 Update 2. For information on the issues addressed by AutoCAD 2010 Update 2, please refer to the Readme at http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15074619&linkID=9240618
The following issues have been addressed by AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 Update 2:
- The error that occurs when browsing and clicking dxf files during INSERT operation.
- The error that occurs when opening certain drawing files in AutoCAD Mechanical.
- The error that occurs when dragging radius of objects inside detail view.
- The error that occurs in AMJOIN command for certain drawings.
- The error that occurs in COPYBASE command after specifying endpoint of polyline as basepoint.
- The error that occurs in AutoCAD 2010 after loading AutoCAD Mechanical CUI and performing a block edit.
- The error that occurs when attempting to insert blocks from some drawings via Design Center.
- The error that occurs after dragging the grip point of block reference in some drawings.
- The error that occurs in re-opening a drawing that have external reference bind before it was saved.
- The error that occurs after copying and pasting between certain drawings twice.
- The error that occurs when you drag and drop an item in Customize User Interface (CUI) dialog box.
- The error that occurs after saving and exiting the program.
- The error that occurs after inserting AutoCAD objects to Inventor DWG.
- The error that occurs during creation of chain dimensions in viewports in layouts.
- The error that occurs in some drawings, after creating a few construction lines.
- The error that occurs after closing the block editor, when a block that contains symbol attached to dimension is edited.
- The error that occurs in DXF files when clicking on the dimension settings arrow in the Annotate ribbon tab.
Bill of Materials, Parts List & Balloons
- Absence of a Task dialog box when an incorrect formula is entered in the formula bar of the BOM dialog box.
- Failure of Parts List/Title Block to scale with the drawing border when there is another drawing opened in the background.
- Warning task dialog for duplicate Parts List filters are different in non-English language products.
- Partrefs lose their positions after the scale of the titleblock is edited to values with decimal.
- Balloons are lost when dragging from one drawing to another drawing.
- In some drawings, the program stops responding after moving cursor over partlist.
- The inability to edit column in Bill of Materials for xref drawings.
- Geometrical and size errors in some standard content.
- Front view of "DIN 6921 (Regular Thread)" cannot be inserted.
- Sluggish response when inserting some GOST steel shapes.
- Fatal error during insertion of some standard content.
- Redundant task dialog during insertion of pulleys.
- Sub-folder under Standard Content does not show up in the details panel in Content Manager after some navigation.
- Unreadable text in Enter Variables dialog during parameters setting for standard counterbores.
- Checkbox for material node is not working for some standards.
- Fatal error during browsing of the standard content nodes in Content Manager.
- Fatal error after exiting Test Content dialog for some standard content.
- Positions of components in screw connection get changed after a poweredit.
- Geometrical error in some chain segments in AMCHAINDRAW command.
- Error in length input for creation of Through Slot.
- Errors in AMCOUNTB2D and AMTSLOT2D command.
- Insertion angle for some screw connections is wrong.
- Not able to poweredit 2D rivets in certain drawings.
- In some situations, no values for radial roller bearings are calculated for insertion to shaft.
- When a standard content is dragged and dropped into the Favorites panel, the root folder name shows SGLFAV .
- Structure component moves even when it is not selected during creation of a chain.
- Extra centerline in user slots.
- In 64 bit platforms, content library does not work if the program is launched with a custom profile.
Note: Do not launch AutoCAD Mechanical with old custom profile after installing this Update. You need to recreate your custom profile and use the new profile to launch the program.
- Drag size during insertion does not work for some types of slot through holes.
- Copied shaft cannot be edited after its axes are deleted.
- Incorrect size selection dialogs appear when attempting to change size of slot holes and drill bushing through custom grip.
- Standard part representation cannot be changed for screw connection.
- In screw connection, the content geometry does not follow the cursor movement during dynamic dragging for size.
- Missing enhanced tooltips for toolbar buttons in Content Manager and Save Content As dialog.
- Task dialog appears after renaming custom content view between predefined and custom names several times.
- Checkbox "Display in the Size Selection dialog box" is unchecked by default for column parameter copied from Block Properties Table.
- Legacy dynamic block parameters appear in Family Table for parameter copied from Block Properties Table.
- Standard content views still show up after the standard content is saved as custom content.
- Icon of unloaded custom library changes after a rename.
- Graphical errors in the scroll bars and browse button in File Locations dialog.
- Command line prompt for AMCPARTREF does not reflect the correct view name.
- Product stops responding when trying to find and replace a string in the family table while status and ID columns are shown.
- Fatal error when editing content which has "~" character in column description in Content Properties Table.
- Task dialog for updating Family Table does not show correct content name.
- "Restore Default Thumbnail" option in context menu is enabled for new created custom folder/content node.
- Partref location changes after inserting in structure environment.
- View name in Mechanical Browser under STRUCT mode is wrong when custom content view name is set to Top/Section.
- Enter Variable dialog appears when inserting custom content that is copied from standard library into drawing.
- Fata error when only "C:" text is entered to the "Path information file" field in Content Manager File Locations.
- Custom library can be created even though location path is invalid.
- Sample Library is missing under Custom Content node in Content Manager after a rename.
- User parameter in parameters manager does not get removed after its constraint is deleted.
- Fatal error after browsing to an invalid blank gdb file in Migrate Content Library dialog.
- Fatal error after entering " character to the Library file field in Migrate Content Library dialog.
- Not able to have numeric input for Family Table property even when the data type is set to Text.
- Preview is missing for some content in Enter Variables dialog.
- Error dialogs appear when attempting to insert screw with custom screw length that is added to the VAL table.
- In Content Manager, certain German characters for Display name and Library name do not show up correctly and fatal error occurs when the custom library is removed.
- User parameter is being looked up for new column creation in Family Table.
Symbols & Dimensions
- Some values are missing in Feature Control Frame symbol that is inserted via Ribbon.
- Sluggish response when hovering the mouse over some weld symbols.
- Overlapping of text for some welding symbols if the "Flip symbol" option is checked.
- Symbols attached to power dimension do not move together correctly with the dimension and object in a MOVE command.
- Fatal error when attempting to create power dimension for section views in certain drawings.
- Fatal error when using object snap tracking in power dimensions.
- Text of surface texture symbol does not appear correctly after a mirror operation.
- Dimension values are incorrect when dimensioning Inventor DWG in AutoCAD Mechanical.
- Dimension moves away from geometry after copyclip and pasteclip/pasteblock.
- When APERTURE is set to a high value, command line input disappears after poweredit of chamfer leader dimension.
- Dimension and symbol cannot be selected after pasteblock and explode.
- Fatal error after few attempts to change the order of hide levels.
- Fatal error in Repath of external drawing files that are of different content.
- Drawing tab in Mechanical Browser is missing in Layout after removing external definitions
- Fatal error when griping editing an external hatch when the R-Lock is set to On.
- For some drawings, AMIVUPDATE does not update deleted parts in Inventor assembly.
- Fatal error in TBEvent.arx after cancelling out of AMTITLE command.
- After the titleblock is changed in AutoCAD Mechanical 2010, the DLA is deleted in Autodesk Productstream Professional 2010 silently without any dialog prompt.
- After BOM quantity is manually overwritten in AutoCAD Mechanical, the new quantity does not show up in Vault item assignment in Autodesk Vault Manufacturing 2010.
- Assembly and component properties are not written back from item user defined properties in Autodesk Vault Professional 2011.
- In Autodesk Vault Professional 2011, drawing item link is broken after updating item with bill of material custom properties.
- Title block scale reverts back to 1'0"=1'0" after poweredit even when the scale is initially set to 1:1.
- Linetype in screw connection is not correct in some drawings that contain user-created layers.
- In some drawings from previous releases, poweredit of title block shows a different scale from the original drawing.
- Text color changes after importing another standard via AMSETUPDWG.
- Product stops responding during grip edit of some standard content that is in hide situations.
- Fatal error in AMSETUPDWG when "\" backslash character is used in Save Report dialog.
- Unable to save certain drawings that are originated from earlier releases.
- Unhandled Exception error message appears when attempting to use ACADMPP profile in AutoCAD 2010.
- In some drawings, viewport of scale area is placed on wrong layer in Layout.
- Detail view scale is incorrect after plot or viewport zoom if the detail view is created using Viewport of copy in layout option.
- In some drawings that contain mesh objects, IGESOUT is not working correctly.
- In Japanese version of AutoCAD Mechanical 2010, some texts in property palette are appearing in English.
- In some drawings, REFEDIT operation is slow.
- Polar array only works if "Rotated item as copied option" is checked.
- In some drawings, AMDETAIL causes program to stop responding with unexpected error message.
- In DGNIMPORT, "Ignore all external references" does not work for certain DGN files.
Return to Top
As you prepare to install this update, keep the following in mind:
Back Up Custom Files
It is recommended that you back up all custom CUI, MNR, and MNL files before you apply this update.
During installation, you will be prompted for the original installation media or a network image. In order to apply this update, you must have administrative privileges to install and uninstall products.
Administrators can deploy this update over a network using the Deployment wizard.
About Your Product
After you install, product information displays in the About dialog box.
After you install, be sure to reboot your system even if not prompted.
Return to Top
The following Microsoft Windows command line switches are built into this update:
Instructions about how to use the /e command line switch are included in the installation procedures that follow.
Return to Top
Follow these instructions to install this update on a single computer.
Return to Top
You can use InfoCenter to apply this update through your local network. Detailed instructions on how to set up patching through your local network are listed in the InfoCenter tab of the CAD Manager Control Utility Help.
Note: You can install the CAD Manager Control Utility from the product installation media. Select Install Tools and Utilities and then select Autodesk CAD Manager Tools.
Return to Top
The following distribution method applies only to administrative images created with the Deployment wizard. After you complete these procedures, subsequent deployments of your product will include this update.
In all cases, append this update to the deployment. The only time it is appropriate to merge an update is if you intend to distribute the deployment through a group policy object.
The patch (update) file that you download contains an MSP (Microsoft Patch) file, which you extract from the executable file using the /e (extract) switch. For an example of the syntax, see step 2, below.
<local_drive:>\<patch_name> /e <local_drive:>\< patch_name>.msp
Return to Top
Note: This update cannot be uninstalled when the product is installed from a deployment (also called an administrative image) with a merged update.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
If AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 and 2011 are installed on the same computer, after uninstalling Update 1 or Update 2 for AutoCAD Mechanical 2010, you will need to repair your AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 install. You should do this right after the Update is uninstalled to avoid issues.
Return to Top
This release updates all AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 files.
Return to Top
Copyright © 2010 Autodesk, Inc.